    possible. If so, how do I go about doing it?
    Thanks for any help.

    JCRitchie

    John Ritchie, Aug 6, 2007

  2. John Ritchie

    Alex.Clayton Guest

    "John Ritchie" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have an old computer (Windows98se OS) that needs drivers for the
    > modem and other things. I have another old computer (Windows 98se OS
    > also) with OK drivers. Both have floppy disc drives.
    > Is there any way I can load copies of drivers from the computer that
    > has them and load them into the computer that doesn't? It seems
    > possible. If so, how do I go about doing it?
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > JCRitchie

    It would depend on how big the files are. I do this all the time. I have
    drivers for a couple printers that came out before XP. The CD's that came
    with them will not work with XP. I downloaded XP drivers, then saved them.
    Now when I get another computer or have to format one, I just load the
    drivers back in from a jump drive or external hard drive. Problem is
    floppy's hold so little I'm not sure if they would hold the info. Have you
    checked to see if the driver is available as a download? If it still is, you
    can just download it to the machine that needs it.
    --
    "Money is truthful. If a man speaks of his honor make him pay cash."
    :Lazarus Long

    Alex.Clayton, Aug 7, 2007

  3. John Ritchie

    sandy58 Guest

    On Aug 6, 8:46 pm, (John Ritchie) wrote:
    > I have an old computer (Windows98se OS) that needs drivers for the
    > modem and other things. I have another old computer (Windows 98se OS
    > also) with OK drivers. Both have floppy disc drives.
    > Is there any way I can load copies of drivers from the computer that
    > has them and load them into the computer that doesn't? It seems
    > possible. If so, how do I go about doing it?
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > JCRitchie

    Data pen/stick (if USB available)
    CD (if cd-rom available)