    complications, if any?

    thanking in advance

    JSS

    J.S.Sahambi, Feb 3, 2004

  2. J.S.Sahambi

    mjd Guest

    do you use a card reader -> if yes it appears as a temp hard drive within
    file manager -> therefore you can copy what ever to the card

    mjd, Feb 3, 2004

  3. J.S.Sahambi

    Shayne Flint Guest

    J.S.Sahambi wrote:

    > I was wandering if images (like jpg) can be copied to digital camera (
    > i am using Nikon CP4300)? If possible, how and what may be the
    > complications, if any?

    I have a Sony and I can copy images and any other files I like to it. In
    fact I use it to hold presentations and other documents

    My camera looks like a USB memory stick. That is, it looks like a disk
    drive.

    Under linux, it's really simple. Plug it in, open a file browser and move
    files around as required.

    On Windows, your camera software will probably get in the way by
    automatically starting some kind of image management software. You should
    be able to close that software and then use the file manager (explorer?) to
    use the camera like a disk drive.

    Shayne Flint, Feb 3, 2004
  4. J.S.Sahambi

    Alan Terry Guest

    In article <>,
    J.S.Sahambi <> writes
    >I was wandering if images (like jpg) can be copied to digital camera (
    >i am using Nikon CP4300)?
    >If possible, how and what may be the
    >complications, if any?

    Just done it on my Fuji simply by copy/pasting the files from my hard
    drive back to the camera using the software that did it the other way
    round.

    Just try it out.

    The image I got on the camera viewfinder having done this was
    _extremely_ pixelated, but the files themselves were fine (tested by
    reading some back onto the HD to test).

    --
    Alan ............

    Alan Terry, Feb 3, 2004
  5. "J.S.Sahambi" <> wrote in message
    > I was wandering if images (like jpg) can be copied to digital camera (
    > i am using Nikon CP4300)? If possible, how and what may be the
    > complications, if any?

    Yes, you can copy images using a card reader-writer, and then use your
    camera to display on your TV.

    Possible complications are that the camera may only recognise images that
    it made itself, so any edited, cropped or rotated images may not display.
    I have written a program called TVwriter to fix such images so they work
    correctly. You can download a trial copy from my Web site:

    http://www.satsignal.net => Image Utilities, TVwriter

    Cheers,
    David
    --
    Quality software written to your requirements
    Web: http://www.satsignal.net

    David J Taylor, Feb 3, 2004
  6. J.S.Sahambi

    Ron Hunter Guest

    J.S.Sahambi wrote:

    > I was wandering if images (like jpg) can be copied to digital camera (
    > i am using Nikon CP4300)? If possible, how and what may be the
    > complications, if any?
    >
    > thanking in advance
    >
    > JSS

    Generally speaking, yes. However, different cameras have more or less
    lattitude as to what they will display. If you have edited a picture
    sense sending it from the camera, there is a good chance it will not be
    displayed.

    Ron Hunter, Feb 3, 2004
  7. J.S.Sahambi

    per Guest

    You are not going to take those UFO shots now, are you?
    /per

    per, Feb 3, 2004
  8. J.S.Sahambi

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Ron Hunter <> wrote in

    > J.S.Sahambi wrote:
    >
    >> I was wandering if images (like jpg) can be copied to digital camera (
    >> i am using Nikon CP4300)? If possible, how and what may be the
    >> complications, if any?
    >>
    >> thanking in advance
    >>
    >> JSS

    > Generally speaking, yes. However, different cameras have more or less
    > lattitude as to what they will display. If you have edited a picture
    > sense sending it from the camera, there is a good chance it will not be
    > displayed.

    I was surprised to discover this with my Canon S400. As long as the images
    are unmodified there are no problems.

    Fuzzy Logic, Feb 4, 2004