    IE6 X32 and kept IE7 X64 as well?

    --
    ~ If you don''t know where you came from, you won''t know where you''re going.
    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Mar 3, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=

    John Barnes Guest

    They can't co-habit, but why do you need to. Adobe reader 8 works great
    with IE7 32-bit browsers

    John Barnes, Mar 3, 2007

  3. Re: Can IE7 X64 and IE6 X32 cohabitate and function with no proble

    Adobe Reader won't open for me. I receive a message that says "Error
    1327.Invalid Drive: J:\"

    I have IE7 X64 installed. It's not an IE7 32-bit browser. I want to
    download IE7 32-bit browser and install it for Adobe Reader because "the
    64-bit version of Internet Explorer 6 does not support 32-bit ActiveX
    controllers."
    --
    Denise

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Mar 4, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: Can IE7 X64 and IE6 X32 cohabitate and function with no proble

    X64 has both browsers installed. Why are you using the 64-bit one. Just
    for a trial, go into Program Files (x86) / Internet Explorer / click on
    iexplore.exe to open a 32-bit browser window then try to open your pdf file
    from it. If you have a problem, let us know as many of us have been using
    it for a long time (not quite so long for 8, but version 7 worked from the
    beginning of the X64 RTM)

    John Barnes, Mar 4, 2007
  5. Re: Can IE7 X64 and IE6 X32 cohabitate and function with no proble

    get the same message when I try to open a .pdf file after I went "into
    Program Files (x86) / Internet Explorer / click on > iexplore.exe to open a
    32-bit browser window"

    "Windows cannot open this file: file BIOSTAR Tforce 6100-939 - Manual.pdf
    To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it. Windows
    can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a
    list of programs on your computer.

    What do you want to do?
    O Use the Webservice to find the appropriate program
    O Select the program from a list"

    When I select "Use the Webservice to find the appropriate program," it leads
    me to the Adobe download page. I already download the program but I can't
    install it. When I try to install it, I get the message "Error
    > 1327.Invalid Drive: J:\"

    I can't "Select the program from a list" because I can't install it.

    --
    Denise

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Mar 4, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: Can IE7 X64 and IE6 X32 cohabitate and function with no proble

    I would try downloading the program again.

    John Barnes, Mar 4, 2007
  7. Re: Can IE7 X64 and IE6 X32 cohabitate and function with no proble

    I deleted the Adobe 8 file that I had and downloaded another one. I clicked
    it to Run and it started to install but I got the same error message,
    "Error1327.Invalid Drive: J:\"

    --
    Denise

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Mar 4, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=

    S.SubZero Guest

    On Mar 3, 6:29 pm, Denise <> wrote:
    > I deleted the Adobe 8 file that I had and downloaded another one. I clicked
    > it to Run and it started to install but I got the same error message,
    > "Error1327.Invalid Drive: J:\"

    Is J: a drive on your system?

    Have you tried uninstalling Adobe Acrobat Reader?

    There may also be a temp directory it's decompressing into that's
    having a problem.
    S.SubZero, Mar 4, 2007
  9. Re: Can IE7 X64 and IE6 X32 cohabitate and function with no proble

    I have an external J drive. I tried to install Adobe Reader by leaving the
    drive turned on but it didn't help. So I tried to install Adobe Reader when
    it was turned off, but that didn't work either. I uninstalled Adobe Reader
    deleted the file folder from my Program Files and I still get the /:J
    message. Right now, the only Adobe Reader file in my computer is the one
    that hasn't been unzipped. I used a Registry Cleaner, hoping that it would
    delete any residue left by the last version of Adobe Reader that I had, but
    it didn't make a difference. I still can't install it.
    --
    Denise

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Mar 4, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: Can IE7 X64 and IE6 X32 cohabitate and function with no proble

    Why don't you use one of the alternate pdf readers? Seems like you aren't
    going to have any luck with adobe at this point.
    I have seen this one recommended many times.
    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php free also for the reader.

    John Barnes, Mar 4, 2007
  11. Re: Can IE7 X64 and IE6 X32 cohabitate and function with no proble

    Thanks for the tip, John. I downloaded and installed FoxIt Reader and it
    works great. No problem opening .pdf files.
    --
    Denise

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Mar 4, 2007
  12. =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: Can IE7 X64 and IE6 X32 cohabitate and function with no proble

    Glad you are over that problem, but would be nice to know why you couldn't
    get the Adobe reader to install. I personally haven't used FoxIt, but I
    have seen dozens of recommendations for it over the years.

    John Barnes, Mar 4, 2007
  13. Re: Can IE7 X64 and IE6 X32 cohabitate and function with no proble

    I don't have any idea why it wouldn't install. When it mentioned the J drive
    (ext hdd), I connected it and turned it on, but evidently that wasn't what it
    was looking for. As long as I have a program that will open .pdf files, I'm
    happy. It's a necessity and impossible to do without one for many
    applications. Thanks again for FoxIt Reader. :)
    --
    Denise

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Mar 4, 2007
  14. =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=

    Dshai Guest

    Re: Can IE7 X64 and IE6 X32 cohabitate and function with no proble

    If you have the inclination, try installing Adobe again, watch where it says
    it wants to install to, if it says drive J: there ie. J:\... change the J to
    C and see what happens.

    --

    Dshai

    Life is only limited by those living it...

    Dshai, Mar 6, 2007
  15. Re: Can IE7 X64 and IE6 X32 cohabitate and function with no proble

    Adobe doesn't ask where I want it installed. It continues until I get the
    J:\ error message, but thanks for trying to help.
    --
    Denise

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Mar 6, 2007