    At the moment I have the InterVideo decoder installed, I dont know how or
    why its there ?
    But I bought the Purevideo for my MCE 2005 and I liked it, so will it work?

    =?Utf-8?B?RXNraW1vc291bmQ=?=, May 10, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RXNraW1vc291bmQ=?=

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    You don't need it under Vista, since the pieces of more common DVD
    software already have Pure Video built in:

    from the PureVideo website on nZone:
    "
    PureVideo’s H.264 (also known as MPEG-4 Part 10 or AVC) decode
    acceleration and post processing effects are available through a special
    application programming interface (API). The following partners have
    announced support of PureVideo’s H.264 decode acceleration in their
    applications:

    CyberLink PowerDVD™ with H.264 (AVC) and AAC Pack
    InterVideo® WinDVD®
    Nero® ShowTime"

    This assumes that you have an nVidia graphics card with Pure Video built
    into the GPU.

    jabloomf1230, May 10, 2007

  3. Re: Can I use the nVidia Purevideo Decoder Platinum on my Vista Ul

    Sorry, its my mistake I have InterActual installed and I dont know where it
    came from!!!
    I have and ATI video card (Wont go near nVidia because of their drivers)
    I would love to get rid of it and put in the Purevideo, i know that worked
    really well when I was running MCE 2005
    So is it possible?

    =?Utf-8?B?RXNraW1vc291bmQ=?=, May 10, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RXNraW1vc291bmQ=?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Re: Can I use the nVidia Purevideo Decoder Platinum on my Vista Ul

    What do you actually want to do? If you use Vista Ultimate Media
    Center to watch tv or play DVDs, etc. there is a decoder built in to
    the OS. Is there a reason you want to use a different decoder?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, May 11, 2007
  5. Re: Can I use the nVidia Purevideo Decoder Platinum on my Vista Ul

    Hi Barb,
    I just dont know how this InterActual got into my system! I thought it came
    preinstalled in Vista, but I have been told no.
    So if I have to have a decoder I would prefer the nVidia Purevideo which I
    bought some time ago for my MCE.
    Thats it!
    So did it come with vista?- No.
    Then I would like to remove it and replace it with nVidia Purevideo.
    Is that possible or with it render something unusable?
    And do I just Unistall ro do I have to do something else?

    =?Utf-8?B?RXNraW1vc291bmQ=?=, May 11, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?RXNraW1vc291bmQ=?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Re: Can I use the nVidia Purevideo Decoder Platinum on my Vista Ul

    You stated that you have Vista x64. The Pure Video decoder you
    bought for MCE 2005 is not 64 bit and you can't use it in 64 bit MCE
    in Vista x64.

    Barb Bowman, May 11, 2007
  7. Re: Can I use the nVidia Purevideo Decoder Platinum on my Vista Ul

    So I dont need one because its all included in Vista??
    Or do I have to have another type of decoder?
    Can I unistall the InterActual player?
    I dont like having redundant software in my machine...especially when I'm
    not sure how it got there.

    =?Utf-8?B?RXNraW1vc291bmQ=?=, May 11, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RXNraW1vc291bmQ=?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Re: Can I use the nVidia Purevideo Decoder Platinum on my Vista Ul

    Where did you get the computer? What brand? I'd ask the support
    folks for the brand you purchased what this is.

    Barb Bowman, May 11, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?RXNraW1vc291bmQ=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: Can I use the nVidia Purevideo Decoder Platinum on my Vista Ul

    Did you install Roxio EMC

    John Barnes, May 12, 2007
  10. Re: Can I use the nVidia Purevideo Decoder Platinum on my Vista Ul

    H John I installed Roxio 9, is that where it came from

    =?Utf-8?B?RXNraW1vc291bmQ=?=, May 22, 2007
  11. =?Utf-8?B?RXNraW1vc291bmQ=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: Can I use the nVidia Purevideo Decoder Platinum on my Vista Ul

    Probably. That is where mine came from.

    John Barnes, May 23, 2007