Can I use Tbird AND webmail??

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by avalanche, Jun 28, 2005.

  1. avalanche

    avalanche Guest

    Anyone wonder about this? I've searched, and now I ask the experts.

    I use Yahoo mail, i.e. address is (no, ignore Agent's
    making an email link of that:) I do that because I check my mail from
    many sites/machines.

    I also have a mail account with home ISP, i.e. @comcast.net. I don't
    use it; I set it up only to see how much spam they let thru. I guess
    that would be webmail, too, as I can get my @comcast.net mail from
    their website. But not my @yahoo.com mail, of course.

    I'd like to try a client from home machine. Used Eudora for years, but
    want to try Tbird. I've read a bit about pop vs imap vs webmail
    without learning answers.

    Can I, and if so how, use Tbird from home and Yahoo from the rest of
    the world, so as to

    -see (and keep?) all mail in both,

    -keep all mail on Yahoo (as I use it the most)

    -or in Tbird, if the only option.

    That is, I want be able to get mail from yahoo.com while away and come
    home and have same mail in Tbird. And vice versa.

    Best I can explain it. Any help? Thanks,

    Brad

    avalanche, Jun 28, 2005

  2. avalanche

    Scott Nelson Guest

    I do this all the time. So I guess to answer your question, yes it can
    be done. I use YahooPops to check the Yahoo mail through Thunderbird.

    Scott

    --
    http://www.treasuredude.net.tc
    http://pie.midco.net/treasuredude/

    Scott Nelson, Jun 28, 2005

  3. avalanche

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:53:11 -0400, avalanche
    <> spake thusly:

    >Anyone wonder about this? I've searched, and now I ask the experts.
    >
    >I use Yahoo mail, i.e. address is (no, ignore Agent's
    >making an email link of that:) I do that because I check my mail from
    >many sites/machines.
    >
    >I also have a mail account with home ISP, i.e. @comcast.net. I don't
    >use it; I set it up only to see how much spam they let thru. I guess
    >that would be webmail, too, as I can get my @comcast.net mail from
    >their website. But not my @yahoo.com mail, of course.
    >
    >I'd like to try a client from home machine. Used Eudora for years, but
    >want to try Tbird. I've read a bit about pop vs imap vs webmail
    >without learning answers.
    >
    >Can I, and if so how, use Tbird from home and Yahoo from the rest of
    >the world, so as to
    >
    >-see (and keep?) all mail in both,
    >
    >-keep all mail on Yahoo (as I use it the most)
    >
    > -or in Tbird, if the only option.
    >
    >That is, I want be able to get mail from yahoo.com while away and come
    >home and have same mail in Tbird. And vice versa.
    >
    >Best I can explain it. Any help? Thanks,

    This is what Yahoo offers, for $19.95 p/yr. You can
    write them and get more specific.

    http://mailplus.mail.yahoo.com/help

    --

    Pastor Dave

    Silence in the Face of Doctrinal Criticism is Suicide

    http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/solution.html

    http://tinyurl.com/ce97m

    Pastor Dave, Jun 28, 2005