Can I use PixelView TV Tuner Card in Canada

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by saqlain110@hotmail.com, Jan 5, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I have taken out an old PixelView Card out of my PC(PII-98SE) in
    Pakistan,I want to utilize this card in my PIV-XP in Canada.Can I do
    this?
    Here is info I copied from its carton.
    PlayTV Pro(www.Prolink.com.tw)

    Specifications

    Video Input: S-Video/Composite
    Video Resolusion: 640x480
    Video Capture Rate: upto 30 farmes/second
    Video Format: AVI,JPG,BMP
    EI soporte de los sistemas de NTSC,PAL-M,PAL-N
    Audio: Input/Output Support
    Hardware Interface: PCI Bus
    Driver Support:Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
    FM Band Coverage: 87.5 to 108 MHz(w/FM model only)
    Optional:MTS/NICAM/Remote Control

    Features

    125 Channels Cable-Ready TV reception in a scalable window
    Never miss your favorite TV programs while working on computer
    Preview and scan 16 TV Chanels
    Slide Shows Support
    Capture Still or motion video images from TV,VCR,V8 or Camcorder
    Save your captured video in HDD or edit your video to publish on
    web,ecard or share with your friends and family
    Video Conferencing with Microsoft NetMeeting
    Listen to FM radio as background music on your PC(w/FM model only)
    , Jan 5, 2006

  2. Jake Guest

    >>EI soporte de los sistemas de NTSC,PAL-M,PAL-N

    In the U.S., the TV standard is NTSC. I'm not sure what the standard
    is in Canada. Try hooking it up and see if it works with each of the
    three tv standards. You won't damage any hardware, will just show up as
    static or garbage on the wrong settings.
    Jake, Jan 5, 2006

  3. Guest

    My PIV-XP computer did'nt pick pixel view card as a newly installed
    hardware?Where is wrong?
    Thanks
    , Jan 18, 2006
  4. Cub Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > My PIV-XP computer did'nt pick pixel view card as a newly installed
    > hardware?Where is wrong?
    > Thanks

    One day grasshopper you will know
    Cub, Jan 18, 2006
  5. Guest

    Please help me as I checked Card is securely fixed in slot,why not new
    harware added even I booted computer,nothing happened.
    , Jan 18, 2006
  6. Guest

    Dear Sir,

    Pakistan TV system is different with Canada, so this card
    can't be used in Canada.

    Best Regards,

    Prolink Microsystems Corporation
    TEL : 886-2-2659-1588
    FAX : 886-2-2659-1599
    , Jan 19, 2006
  7. Jake Guest

    This guy doesnt know what he is talking about. You need to fist get the
    card working and installed in the computer. Then try the different TV
    standards I listed in my last post. If the card will not install, it
    must have been damaged.

    Jake, Jan 19, 2006
  8. Guest

    I have downloaded 2 different drivers but getting error "Sorry,u have
    no video capture hardware".
    I will try to reinstall card tonight.
    , Jan 19, 2006
  9. Guest

    Following is copied from FAQ9598.TXT file of driver:
    Avoid Interrupt Conflict

    If your TV card goes with horizontal noise on video display window
    or
    if your PC locks up during the Windows boot or application
    launched,
    you may have an interrupt conflict. Try to put the TV capture card
    in
    another PCI slot or assign the interrupt in BIOS then reboot.

    If there are no free interrupts for the capture card, you need to
    find
    an unused device which has an interrupt reserved for it and free
    up its
    interrupt.

    The PC may reserves an interrupt for the PS/2 mouse, even though a
    PS/2
    mouse is not being used. You may check to free up the USB or
    second IDE
    controller interrupts if you do not use them.

    To free up an interrupt, you must disable the peripheral not being
    used
    in BIOS by pressing <DEL> key when PC restarts.
    , Jan 19, 2006
  10. Mikey Guest

    Jake wrote:

    > >>EI soporte de los sistemas de NTSC,PAL-M,PAL-N

    > In the U.S., the TV standard is NTSC. I'm not sure what the standard
    > is in Canada. Try hooking it up and see if it works with each of the
    > three tv standards. You won't damage any hardware, will just show up as
    > static or garbage on the wrong settings.

    It's also NTSC in Canada.
    Mikey, Jan 20, 2006
  11. Thaqalain Guest

    Prolink are totally wrong in their point as I am using the same card
    with NTSC_M,except I am looking some modified adapter to connect to my
    speakers.
    Thaqalain, Feb 13, 2006