    works fine.

    Thanks,

    MikeC.
    MikeC, Dec 11, 2009

  2. MikeC

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Mike.

    Movie Maker in Win7 is/was quite limited. Have you tried Windows Live Movie
    Maker? It's much more capable - and it's one of the Windows Live Essentials
    which you can download for free at http://download.live.com

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Dec 11, 2009

  3. MikeC

    MikeC Guest

    Thanks a million. I didn't know about the Live Movie Maker. I'll download
    it and give it a go.

    Cheers,
    MikeC

    MikeC, Dec 12, 2009
  4. MikeC

    MikeC Guest

    Thanks for the advice, but I downloaded Live Movie Maker, and it turned out
    to be the one I had already rejected because it doesn't work properly on my
    PC. It doesn't have an audio editing line, and the results are really poor.
    If I simply stick clips together, it does that OK, but if I use a transition
    between the clips, it screws up the sound, and patches it into the wrong
    places in the movie.

    The previous editor with XP worked fine and had more editing capabilities.
    I used it several times to edit sound-only tracks, with no video involved,
    and it was very useful for that.
    Problem is that the only way I know of getting it is through Update on an XP
    machine, but my present machine runs Windows-7. Isn't there a way of
    getting this software?

    It looked very much like Open Movie Editor at
    http://www.openmovieeditor.org/ -but unfortunately, this software only runs
    on Linux.
    It looks like an almost good enough reason to try Linux, but if I can get
    the older MS Movie Maker going, that will be easier.

    MikeC

    MikeC, Dec 13, 2009
  5. MikeC

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Mike.

    Sorry if I steered you wrong. I should have mentioned that I am a rank
    amateur at Movie Maker. I've done a couple of easy projects with it -
    mostly just editing out commercials from some captured TV - but nothing the
    least bit fancy or professional. Since this is a 64-bit newsgroup, is this
    a 32-bit v. 64-bit question?

    Good luck. And if you find something useful, please post back for the
    benefit of others.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Dec 13, 2009
  6. Thomas Scheidegger, Dec 14, 2009
  7. MikeC

    MikeC Guest

    Thanks RC. My current PC has a 64-bit AMD chip, but of course, like other
    64-bit machines, it runs 32-bit apps. I wrote to this group because I can't
    make the Windows-7 Movie Maker work properly, and hoped somebody could tell
    me how to get the old 32-bit version onto my Win-7 machine.

    MikeC

    MikeC, Dec 18, 2009
  8. MikeC

    MikeC Guest

    Thanks a lot, Thomas, I'll give this a go and see where it gets me.

    All of the Best,
    MikeC

    MikeC, Dec 18, 2009