Can I use more than one Goggle Account?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Wereo_SUPREME, Dec 19, 2006.

  1. You know when you get that Gogg message in red "you have exceeded your
    posting capacity. Please wait til later to post some more." Is it then
    ok to switch to another gogg email account and post til THAT one
    reaches capacity?

    I don't want to piss off the Gogg too much. They might not let me post
    under ANY emails if I break their TOS. Plus they're so hard to reach.
    Does anyone know the answer? Thank you.
     
    Wereo_SUPREME, Dec 19, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Wereo_SUPREME

    Mike Easter Guest

    Wereo_SUPREME wrote:
    > You know when you get that Gogg message in red "you have exceeded your
    > posting capacity. Please wait til later to post some more." Is it then
    > ok to switch to another gogg email account and post til THAT one
    > reaches capacity?
    >
    > I don't want to piss off the Gogg too much. They might not let me post
    > under ANY emails if I break their TOS. Plus they're so hard to reach.
    > Does anyone know the answer? Thank you.


    I think that if your posting activity is such that you hit the google
    limit that you should stop posting for a while.

    http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=15331&topic=250
    Is there a limit on how often I can post?

    Google does /not/ recommend using another account, but instead to
    contact them. "If your account has been disabled, you can click the
    "contact us" link below and request that your account be reactivated.
    We'll review your request, and let you know what we decide."


    --
    Mike Easter
     
    Mike Easter, Dec 19, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Mike Easter wrote:
    > Wereo_SUPREME wrote:
    >> You know when you get that Gogg message in red "you have exceeded your
    >> posting capacity. Please wait til later to post some more." Is it then
    >> ok to switch to another gogg email account and post til THAT one
    >> reaches capacity?
    >>
    >> I don't want to piss off the Gogg too much. They might not let me post
    >> under ANY emails if I break their TOS. Plus they're so hard to reach.
    >> Does anyone know the answer? Thank you.

    >
    > I think that if your posting activity is such that you hit the google
    > limit that you should stop posting for a while.


    And I'm thinking perhaps he should learn the difference between email
    and Usenet, but that's probably beyond him as a Google Grouper.


    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
     
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 19, 2006
    #3
  4. Wereo_SUPREME

    Mike Easter Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> Wereo_SUPREME wrote:
    >>> You know when you get that Gogg message in red "you have exceeded
    >>> your posting capacity. Please wait til later to post some more." Is
    >>> it then ok to switch to another gogg email account and post til
    >>> THAT one reaches capacity?
    >>>
    >>> I don't want to piss off the Gogg too much. They might not let me
    >>> post under ANY emails if I break their TOS. Plus they're so hard to
    >>> reach. Does anyone know the answer? Thank you.

    >>
    >> I think that if your posting activity is such that you hit the google
    >> limit that you should stop posting for a while.

    >
    > And I'm thinking perhaps he should learn the difference between email
    > and Usenet, but that's probably beyond him as a Google Grouper.


    S/He posted that message while logged in to googlegroups with a yahoo
    email address. Google's concept of the user's account is that it is
    associated with an email address which can be changed for the account,
    unless the account is attached to a gmail address, under which
    circumstances the account's address can't be changed. The logging in is
    done by email address.

    If s/he had multiple google group accounts because of multiple
    registrations each with a different address, s/he might refer to each of
    those accounts as 'another gogg email account' and 'post under any
    emails'. The OP didn't make it crystal clear whether or not s/he
    actually currently has multiple google group accounts or not.

    Google implies that it might be paying attention to the posting IP as an
    identifier to an 'individual' in the part of the posting limit language
    which sez "limit the number of messages a single user or computer can
    post"

    I think the OP is justifiably concerned that if s/he tried to evade the
    posting limit by creating and using an 'alternate' or different
    googlegroups account based on a different email address s/he might be
    found out by google. It appears that the poster is posting from a
    static IP.

    I think it is reasonable for hir to characterize an account by its email
    address, because that's the way google does it; especially for those
    accounts which are characterized by gmail addresses, which account's
    address is not changeable.


    --
    Mike Easter
     
    Mike Easter, Dec 19, 2006
    #4
  5. Mike Easter wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > > Mike Easter wrote:
    > >> Wereo_SUPREME wrote:
    > >>> You know when you get that Gogg message in red "you have exceeded
    > >>> your posting capacity. Please wait til later to post some more." Is
    > >>> it then ok to switch to another gogg email account and post til
    > >>> THAT one reaches capacity?
    > >>>
    > >>> I don't want to piss off the Gogg too much. They might not let me
    > >>> post under ANY emails if I break their TOS. Plus they're so hard to
    > >>> reach. Does anyone know the answer? Thank you.
    > >>
    > >> I think that if your posting activity is such that you hit the google
    > >> limit that you should stop posting for a while.

    > >
    > > And I'm thinking perhaps he should learn the difference between email
    > > and Usenet, but that's probably beyond him as a Google Grouper.

    >
    > S/He posted that message while logged in to googlegroups with a yahoo
    > email address. Google's concept of the user's account is that it is
    > associated with an email address which can be changed for the account,
    > unless the account is attached to a gmail address, under which
    > circumstances the account's address can't be changed. The logging in is
    > done by email address.
    >
    > If s/he had multiple google group accounts because of multiple
    > registrations each with a different address, s/he might refer to each of
    > those accounts as 'another gogg email account' and 'post under any
    > emails'. The OP didn't make it crystal clear whether or not s/he
    > actually currently has multiple google group accounts or not.
    >
    > Google implies that it might be paying attention to the posting IP as an
    > identifier to an 'individual' in the part of the posting limit language
    > which sez "limit the number of messages a single user or computer can
    > post"
    >
    > I think the OP is justifiably concerned that if s/he tried to evade the
    > posting limit by creating and using an 'alternate' or different
    > googlegroups account based on a different email address s/he might be
    > found out by google. It appears that the poster is posting from a
    > static IP.
    >
    > I think it is reasonable for hir to characterize an account by its email
    > address, because that's the way google does it; especially for those
    > accounts which are characterized by gmail addresses, which account's
    > address is not changeable.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Mike Easter

    I'm in THIS category:

    We may also limit the number of messages a single user or computer can
    post via our website in a short period of time. If that limit is
    reached, posting will be frozen temporarily and you'll be instructed to
    post again later.

    I guess I'm not posting onto the Gogg "via email" because I've never
    been disabled due to that. So you think it's best once I get the "Red
    Freeze" not to continue posting from another email account?

    Once I get the Red Freeze I can't post for another half hour-45 minutes
    or so. I guess this is how things will have to stay?
     
    Wereo_SUPREME, Dec 19, 2006
    #5
  6. Wereo_SUPREME

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-12-19, Wereo_SUPREME <> wrote:

    snip

    > I guess I'm not posting onto the Gogg "via email" because I've never
    > been disabled due to that. So you think it's best once I get the "Red
    > Freeze" not to continue posting from another email account?
    >
    > Once I get the Red Freeze I can't post for another half hour-45 minutes
    > or so. I guess this is how things will have to stay?


    Only as long as you use Google Groups for posting. Their restrictions
    apply only to their users.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    -- ~~~~~~~~~~
     
    Whiskers, Dec 19, 2006
    #6
  7. Wereo_SUPREME

    Mike Easter Guest

    Wereo_SUPREME wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:


    >> I think the OP is justifiably concerned that if s/he tried to evade
    >> the posting limit by creating and using an 'alternate' or different
    >> googlegroups account based on a different email address s/he might be
    >> found out by google. It appears that the poster is posting from a
    >> static IP.


    > I'm in THIS category:
    >
    > We may also limit the number of messages a single user or computer can
    > post via our website in a short period of time. If that limit is
    > reached, posting will be frozen temporarily and you'll be instructed
    > to post again later.
    >
    > I guess I'm not posting onto the Gogg "via email" because I've never
    > been disabled due to that. So you think it's best once I get the "Red
    > Freeze" not to continue posting from another email account?
    >
    > Once I get the Red Freeze I can't post for another half hour-45
    > minutes or so. I guess this is how things will have to stay?


    There are a great many disadvantages to posting to usenet newsgroups via
    googlegroups as opposed to posting to usenet newsgroups via a newsreader
    of your choice and a newsserver.

    - the googlegroups interface is clunky compared to the kinds of
    facility which a newsagent of your choice has.
    - the googlegrouper has no ability to filter any posts which are
    'undesirable' that might be encountered by the ton in usenet - trollers,
    trollbait, flamers, flamebait, even backward googlegroupers.
    - depending upon how you like to thread articles, googlegroups is very
    restrictive of threading or ordering in various ways
    - if you don't like your posting IP and a good email address attached
    to your message headers, there's nothing you can do about that
    - others which I could think of if I spent a little more time on it

    The principle advantage of googlegroups is its powerful archiving
    function. The other minor advantage is whatever the groups which are
    exclusive to google groups not usenet are good for. The business of
    being able to post with a webbrowser to the html-ization of nntp
    newsgroups is *not* an advantage but an 'accommodation' of those who
    aren't 'competent' [or something] to use a real newsreader.

    --
    Mike Easter
     
    Mike Easter, Dec 19, 2006
    #7
  8. Mike Easter wrote:

    > The principle advantage of googlegroups is its powerful archiving
    > function. The other minor advantage is whatever the groups which are
    > exclusive to google groups not usenet are good for. The business of
    > being able to post with a webbrowser to the html-ization of nntp
    > newsgroups is *not* an advantage but an 'accommodation' of those who
    > aren't 'competent' [or something] to use a real newsreader.


    May I quote you on my GG page at Blinkynet?

    See link in sig for other, similar comments.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
     
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 20, 2006
    #8
  9. Wereo_SUPREME

    Mike Easter Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >
    >> The principle advantage of googlegroups is its powerful archiving
    >> function. The other minor advantage is whatever the groups which are
    >> exclusive to google groups not usenet are good for. The business of
    >> being able to post with a webbrowser to the html-ization of nntp
    >> newsgroups is *not* an advantage but an 'accommodation' of those who
    >> aren't 'competent' [or something] to use a real newsreader.

    >
    > May I quote you on my GG page at Blinkynet?


    Sure, but that second sentence above isn't well constructed even if you
    ignore the minor issue of the dangling preposition. The googlegroups
    aren't important for very much, but neither are a lot of usenet groups;
    and/but I /have/ found some resource value in the googlegroups. They
    are also of value because they are easy to create, as an outlet for the
    usenet newbies who seem to want to create a newsgroup as soon as they
    start reading them.

    > See link in sig for other, similar comments.


    Yes -- I go visit your site from time to time. Thanks. And/But I don't
    filter googlegroupers, as you can tell.

    --
    Mike Easter
     
    Mike Easter, Dec 20, 2006
    #9
  10. Wereo_SUPREME

    elaich Guest

    "Wereo_SUPREME" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I don't want to piss off the Gogg too much. They might not let me post
    > under ANY emails if I break their TOS. Plus they're so hard to reach.
    > Does anyone know the answer? Thank you.


    Funny, never heard of this "Goggle." Most people use Google. Maybe that's
    your problem.
     
    elaich, Dec 20, 2006
    #10
  11. Mike Easter wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Mike Easter wrote:
    >>
    >>> The principle advantage of googlegroups is its powerful archiving
    >>> function. The other minor advantage is whatever the groups which are
    >>> exclusive to google groups not usenet are good for. The business of
    >>> being able to post with a webbrowser to the html-ization of nntp
    >>> newsgroups is *not* an advantage but an 'accommodation' of those who
    >>> aren't 'competent' [or something] to use a real newsreader.

    >>
    >> May I quote you on my GG page at Blinkynet?

    >
    > Sure, but that second sentence above isn't well constructed even if you
    > ignore the minor issue of the dangling preposition. The googlegroups


    So fix it and I'll use that. And thanks.

    > aren't important for very much, but neither are a lot of usenet groups;
    > and/but I /have/ found some resource value in the googlegroups. They
    > are also of value because they are easy to create, as an outlet for the
    > usenet newbies who seem to want to create a newsgroup as soon as they
    > start reading them.


    Sure. It's the posting/posters that suck.


    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
     
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 20, 2006
    #11
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. More than one gmail account?

    , Dec 6, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    10,195
    Old Gringo
    Dec 14, 2004
  2. Can I use my XP on more than one PC?

    , Feb 25, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    17
    Views:
    856
  3. David Wells

    Test to goggle grops

    David Wells, Feb 28, 2007, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    392
    carlechka
    Mar 1, 2007
  4. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    Goggle search images size

    -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-, Dec 10, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    13
    Views:
    598
  5. Black Tractor
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    563
    Whiskers
    Feb 24, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page