    digital, Can I use HDTV for slide shows. How does quality compare with
    conventional slide projector & digital projector. Thanks for your
    replies.

    Sujit, Aug 11, 2003

  2. Sujit

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Alex" <> wrote in
    news:4GSZa.697663$:

    > You need to know what you are doing. There may be adapters out there
    > by now.

    Yup, ATI has had an HDTV adapter for a while : )

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Aug 11, 2003

  3. If you buy an HDTV, you can just right away put it in the closet next to
    your AM stereo receiver.

    Jon Wordsworth, Aug 11, 2003
  4. In article <>,
    steve <> wrote:
    > Jon Wordsworth wrote:
    > > If you buy an HDTV, you can just right away put it in the closet next to
    > > your AM stereo receiver.

    > And I thought I was enjoying the heck out of our 50" Mitsubishi Diamond
    > HD projection set. There could be more content out there, but we rather
    > enjoy watching HD movies over DirecTV and even some network HD content.

    Heh. I got a wide-screen (but relatively small, 30") CRT HDTV with no
    intention of subscribing to HD broadcast content. Its primary purposes
    are watching DVDs (for which wide screen and HD are obvious wins) and
    letting the kids watch a few morning cartoons (for which I don't care
    about wasted screen area or image distortion).

    David Eppstein, Aug 12, 2003
  5. Sujit

    Ken Davey Guest

    "Jon Wordsworth" <> wrote in message
    > If you buy an HDTV, you can just right away put it in the closet next to
    > your AM stereo receiver.

    Eh??

    Ken.

    Ken Davey, Aug 12, 2003
  6. David Eppstein <> wrote:
    >Heh. I got a wide-screen (but relatively small, 30") CRT HDTV with no
    >intention of subscribing to HD broadcast content. Its primary purposes
    >are watching DVDs (for which wide screen and HD are obvious wins) and

    The WS is a boon, but the HD does nothing, outside of one or two released
    DVD players that do upscaling. I don't mind 480p, but it's not HD. Quite
    frequently HBO-HD beats out the dvd release.

    --
    Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

    Jason O'Rourke, Aug 12, 2003
  7. Sujit

    Abrasha Guest

    Jason O'Rourke wrote:

    > Sujit <> wrote:
    > >Hi,
    > >Currently I use regular slide projector to view my slides. If I go all
    > >digital, Can I use HDTV for slide shows. How does quality compare with
    > >conventional slide projector & digital projector. Thanks for your
    > >replies.

    > A couple of the Samsungs have a memory stick slot, maybe a few other
    > TVs that might do direct display at full resolution. But otherwise, there's
    > not much doing yet. DVD players are starting to show up that do upscaling
    > to 1080i or 720p, adding higher resolution image display would probably show
    > up on the 3rd generation.

    Panasonic HDTV displays are already at their 5th generation.

    --
    Abrasha
    http://www.abrasha.com

    Abrasha, Aug 12, 2003
  8. Sujit

    Abrasha Guest

    Jon Wordsworth wrote:

    > If you buy an HDTV, you can just right away put it in the closet next to
    > your AM stereo receiver.

    That is quite a big statement, and assuming that you know what you are talking
    about, would you eloborate please!

    Abrasha
    http://www.abrasha.com

    Abrasha, Aug 12, 2003
  9. Sujit

    George Kerby Guest

    On 8/12/03 12:23 PM, in article , "Abrasha"
    <> wrote:

    > Jon Wordsworth wrote:
    >>
    >> If you buy an HDTV, you can just right away put it in the closet next to
    >> your AM stereo receiver.

    > That is quite a big statement, and assuming that you know what you are talking
    > about, would you eloborate please!
    >
    > Abrasha
    > http://www.abrasha.com

    Do not question the statements of The Great One!
    Jon is the fountain of all Knowledge and is well-versed in Theology,
    Philosophy and all the Sciences. His Word is definitive and should NEVER be
    questioned. If he tells you to put it in the closet, you WILL do as
    commanded because Jon told you to do so. Back down from your challenge
    infidel! As it is said, it shall be done. Repent for your sin!

    No get down and give me a hundred push-ups...

    George Kerby, Aug 12, 2003
  10. Abrasha <> wrote:
    >> A couple of the Samsungs have a memory stick slot, maybe a few other
    >> TVs that might do direct display at full resolution. But otherwise, there's
    >> not much doing yet. DVD players are starting to show up that do upscaling
    >> to 1080i or 720p, adding higher resolution image display would probably show
    >> up on the 3rd generation.

    >Panasonic HDTV displays are already at their 5th generation.

    Good for them (actually, their HDTVs are behind the curve), but the reference
    was to dvd players that upconvert. At this time, I know of one samsung and
    one boutique offering ($$). We're at least a year and more likely 18
    months behind a 3rd generation model being announced, let along shipped.

    --
    Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

    Jason O'Rourke, Aug 12, 2003
  11. Don Coon <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote:
    >And by 2006, all stations are required to broadcast in digital --- unless
    >certain conditions (too long to list here) are not met.

    Like the sun rising on a Tuesday?

    No, it's actually looking a lot better now that Fox finally is coming
    on board. But that 2006 deadline will be pushed out a ways.

    --
    Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

    Jason O'Rourke, Aug 12, 2003