    There is a Canon EOS 300D which fits the same EF range of lens.
    I'm hoping that I can buy the body of this camera only.

    Regards Brian

    Brian, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Brian

    Gadi Ben-Avi Guest

    Hi Brian,

    All of you canon lenses will work with the 300D. Lenses from other
    manufactures have to checked.

    Be aware that there is a 1.6x factor. A 50 mm lense will perfrom like a 80
    mm lens on the 300D.

    Gadi

    Gadi Ben-Avi, Feb 8, 2004

  3. Brian

    Guest

    Brian <> wrote:
    > I'm interested in upgrading my 35mm film that has changeable lens to a
    > digital camera. If I was to buy the camera body only then would I be
    > able to use my current lens.
    > Will there a problem with the focal length of my current lens which
    > are 28mm to 80mm Zoom?

    > My current camera is Canon EOS 300
    > There is a Canon EOS 300D which fits the same EF range of lens.
    > I'm hoping that I can buy the body of this camera only.

    It should work. Just to verify, bring the lens over to a camera
    store that sells the EOS 300D and try it out on the camera.

    , Feb 8, 2004
  4. Brian

    R2D2 Guest

    "Gadi Ben-Avi" <> wrote

    > Be aware that there is a 1.6x factor. A 50 mm lense will perfrom like
    > a 80 mm lens on the 300D.

    That is a wonderful thing! A $65 dollar portrait lens!

    R2D2, Feb 8, 2004
  5. << There is a Canon EOS 300D which fits the same EF range of lens.
    I'm hoping that I can buy the body of this camera only. >>

    Brian-

    Yes, you can.

    As others have mentioned, there is a 1.6 factor to consider in terms of
    field-of-view. If you already have a good wide-angle lens, then you're set.
    To have the equivalent of a 50 mm lens on a 35 mm camera, you would need 31 mm
    on the 300D, et cetera. Otherwise getting the kit lens for only $100 more than
    the body alone, is quite a good deal.

    However, the kit lens can't be used with your film camera. It seems that it
    sticks too far back into the camera body, and would interfere with the film
    camera's mirror. Still, it provides a normal zoom range in the 300D, that you
    wouldn't have with lenses owned by most film photographers.

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, Feb 8, 2004
  6. Brian

    Chris Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > I'm interested in upgrading my 35mm film that has changeable lens to a
    > digital camera. If I was to buy the camera body only then would I be
    > able to use my current lens.
    > Will there a problem with the focal length of my current lens which
    > are 28mm to 80mm Zoom?
    >
    > My current camera is Canon EOS 300
    > There is a Canon EOS 300D which fits the same EF range of lens.
    > I'm hoping that I can buy the body of this camera only.

    Yes. That's one primary advantage of digital SLR. You can attach standard
    SLR lenses and not have to be stuck spending another few $100 replacing all
    your "old" incompatible lenses. Canon should be able to give you a list of
    which lenses will work, and what won't.

    Chris, Feb 8, 2004
  7. Brian

    Christian Guest

    R2D2 wrote:

    > "Gadi Ben-Avi" <> wrote
    >

    >> Be aware that there is a 1.6x factor. A 50 mm lense will perfrom like
    >> a 80 mm lens on the 300D.
    >>

    > That is a wonderful thing! A $65 dollar portrait lens!

    It's not wonderful when you need a wide angle lens though! The widest you
    can get is about 26mm on the EOS 300D.

    Christian, Feb 9, 2004