    when I try to change webcam setting in messenger it says that camera is used
    by other program. and if I start video conversion it says same thing.
    is there any way to use it with messenger?

    Ville Järvinen, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Ville Järvinen

    Night_Seer Guest

    Ville Järvinen wrote:
    > Does anyone know if I can use my sony digital camcoder, wich is
    > connected to firewire port, as webcam?
    >
    > I would like to use it with MSN messenger, if it's possible.
    > when I try to change webcam setting in messenger it says that camera
    > is used by other program. and if I start video conversion it says
    > same thing.
    > is there any way to use it with messenger?

    It depends on the Camera. Does your Camcorder have USB Streaming.
    It seems to only work through the USB port. I have a Digital Camcorder
    that has a firewire port for capturing, but also has a USB port for
    streaming. Makes it function just like a Webcam, after turning on USB
    streaming in the camcorders menu. I don't think its possible through
    the firewire port as I think it only plays back what's on te tape in VCR
    mode through the firewire port, where as the usb has the streaming.
    Hope that makes sense. What model is your camcorder?

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Dec 16, 2003

  3. model is DCR-TRV145E and it does not have USB -streaming. But you can view
    real time video trough the firewire port with windows movie maker.

    I have also Ati Radeon AIW 9800LE so is it possible to connect camera to
    composite in and with some program use that image to webcam?

    Ville Järvinen, Dec 16, 2003
  4. Ville Järvinen

    Night_Seer Guest

    Ville Järvinen wrote:
    > model is DCR-TRV145E and it does not have USB -streaming. But you can
    > view real time video trough the firewire port with windows movie
    > maker.
    >
    > I have also Ati Radeon AIW 9800LE so is it possible to connect camera
    > to composite in and with some program use that image to webcam?

    Interesting...well I'm not sure what program would do that...sorry I
    can't help. Honestly you can get a webcam for really cheap these
    days...might be worth it for that.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Dec 16, 2003
  5. "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    > Ville Järvinen wrote:
    > > model is DCR-TRV145E and it does not have USB -streaming. But you can
    > > view real time video trough the firewire port with windows movie
    > > maker.
    > >
    > > I have also Ati Radeon AIW 9800LE so is it possible to connect camera
    > > to composite in and with some program use that image to webcam?

    > Interesting...well I'm not sure what program would do that...sorry I
    > can't help. Honestly you can get a webcam for really cheap these
    > days...might be worth it for that.
    >
    > --
    > Night_Seer

    ok, thanks anyway.