    I was wondering if it's possible to use a Nikon d70 lithium ion
    battery in my Nikon d80? Both batteries seem to be the same size and
    amperage. Is it dangerous to my camera or not? Thanks much!
    spydersweb34, Nov 6, 2007

  2. spydersweb34

    nospam Guest

    In article <>,
    spydersweb34 <> wrote:

    > I was wondering if it's possible to use a Nikon d70 lithium ion
    > battery in my Nikon d80? Both batteries seem to be the same size and
    > amperage. Is it dangerous to my camera or not? Thanks much!

    the d80 requires an en-el3e battery, so it can't use the d70 battery.
    however, the d70 can easily use the battery from the d80.
    nospam, Nov 6, 2007

  3. spydersweb34 wrote:
    > I was wondering if it's possible to use a Nikon d70 lithium ion
    > battery in my Nikon d80? Both batteries seem to be the same size and
    > amperage. Is it dangerous to my camera or not? Thanks much!

    Is it a EN-EL3e or a only a EN-EL3 without the control electronics?
    The D80 requires the EN-EL3e model.

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Nov 6, 2007
  4. spydersweb34

    spydersweb34 Guest

    It's an EN-EL3. But physically, it fits inside the D80. Will it
    work? has anyone ever tried this?
    spydersweb34, Nov 6, 2007
  5. spydersweb34 wrote:
    > It's an EN-EL3. But physically, it fits inside the D80. Will it
    > work?

    For what it's worth: see D80 manual, page 13

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Nov 6, 2007
  6. spydersweb34

    /dev/null Guest

    "spydersweb34" <> wrote in message
    > It's an EN-EL3. But physically, it fits inside the D80. Will it
    > work? has anyone ever tried this?

    The EN-EL3e has a keyway in the case, the EN-EL3 doesn't have the groove so
    it will not fit.
    /dev/null, Nov 6, 2007