    now in WinXP Pro in Windows64? the performance of the app is better or not?

    the performance of the OS is better with 64bits than 32bits in a home PC?

    thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVybmFuIEJhdGlzdGE=?=, Sep 8, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SGVybmFuIEJhdGlzdGE=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    "Hernan Batista" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi friends, I want to ask you if I can use every 32bits app that I'm using
    > now in WinXP Pro in Windows64? the performance of the app is better or
    > not?

    Maybe yes and maybe no. Depends on your programs. I have about 50% that
    work well, 30% that partially function and 20% that don't install or work
    after installation

    > the performance of the OS is better with 64bits than 32bits in a home PC?

    For the most part this OS is not home PC friendly. Please do your research
    BEFORE you change to x64. It is a great stable system for niche users.

    John Barnes, Sep 8, 2005

  3. It depends, if those applications are using a 32 bit installer, you will be
    able to install and use them just fine. In terms of performance, there was a
    statement made that 32 bit applications on x64 have seen a 9% boost in
    performance compared to running them on x86, but I suspect this probably has
    something to do with Server applications, instead of your general purpose
    apps such as Word and Excel.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 8, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SGVybmFuIEJhdGlzdGE=?=

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    Hernan,

    What 32 bit apps and version numbers are you using now? We may be able to
    tell you specifically if those apps will work 100%, partially, or not at
    all.

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net

    Torrey Lauer, Sep 8, 2005
  5. "Hernan Batista" wrote:

    > hi friends, I want to ask you if I can use every 32bits app that I'm using
    > now in WinXP Pro in Windows64? the performance of the app is better or not?
    >
    > the performance of the OS is better with 64bits than 32bits in a home PC?
    >
    > thanks

    The software compatibility list at the following site may help you to decide:

    http://www.3dvelocity.com/articles/win64compatibility/win64softlist.htm

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3liZXIgU3VyZmVy?=, Sep 8, 2005