    ever need support I would have a tough time.

    Is this doable, or not a chance?

    Thanks all

    Brian, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Brian

    Harrison Guest

    Not a chance.
    Seel the Celeron on ebay and buy a P4.

    Harrison, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Brian

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Brian posted ...

    > Is this doable, or not a chance?

    Not a chance ...

    Why not take just the system box and buy a monitor/keyboard etc etc when in
    Hawaii ?

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Dec 9, 2003
  4. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Thanks for your reply. After sifting through the dell community forums yet
    again through many many pages, I found the thread I Was looking for which
    had many people that upgraded their 1100 from celly to P4, and a dell direct
    support on cpu replacement!

    Now my decision is what to do. I dont really want to sell the cpu since it
    has a nice, brand new three year warranty and in general will cost more to
    buy a new one than upgrade this (I got good deals). I am trying to decide if
    I want to replace the 128mb with a 512mb stick (total 768mb, from 384), or
    replace the 2.0 cel with a 2.4 p4. I am going to ponder for a little while
    which could produce the best gains for my situation

    Brian, Dec 9, 2003