    Can I turn off wireless mode with the D-Link DI-514? I just need to use it
    for internet and firewall. Can I turn the wireless mode off, so no
    snoopers can hack in to my computer files. tx

    lbbss, Sep 4, 2004

  2. lbbss

    zxcvbob Guest

    lbbss wrote:

    > Can I turn off wireless mode with the D-Link DI-514? I just need to use it
    > for internet and firewall. Can I turn the wireless mode off, so no
    > snoopers can hack in to my computer files. tx

    Have you bought it already? I have a DI-514 collecting dust because I
    can't get it to reliably work at all -- wired or wireless. I only paid
    $20 for it, and it wasn't worth the hassle to return it, and I haven't
    thrown it away yet, but I probably will eventually.

    I upgraded the firmware, but that didn't help anything. Hopefully I
    just got a lemon and yours will be just fine, but if you haven't bought
    it yet get something else.

    Bob

    zxcvbob, Sep 4, 2004

  3. lbbss

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| Can I turn off wireless mode with the D-Link DI-514? I just need
    >| to use it for internet and firewall. Can I turn the wireless mode
    >| off, so no snoopers can hack in to my computer files. tx

    Probably. Did you bother reading the manual?

    On my D-Link (different model) I go to the administrators interface (web
    browser, type 192.168.0.1 in the address line and log in) click on wireless,
    then enable or disable the wireless radio.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Sep 4, 2004