    the new machine, or are there all kinds of registry things involved?

    TIA,

    Toby

    Toby, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Toby

    Thor Guest

    simply locate the storage folder, (the outlook express folder with all the
    DBX files) and burn it to a CD. Back up the entire folder, not just the DBX
    files within. Then, use the file/import menu in OE, on your new machine,
    choose to import "messages", then "outlook express 6 messages", then select
    to import from an OE store folder, and point the wizard to the backed-up
    storage folder on the CDRW. Do not point the import wizard to the DBX files
    themselves. It has to be the storage *folder* that contains them. Else, it
    won't locate your OE message folders properly. That's why you need to back
    up the folder that contains the DBX files, not just the files themselves.

    Thor, Apr 21, 2004

  3. Toby

    Toby Guest

    Thanks a lot Thor! I really appreciate the help.

    Toby

    Toby, Apr 21, 2004
  4. Toby

    Jerry G. Guest

    You can use the Export, and Import feature in OE. Click on File, and you
    will see the prompts. Follow them through. If you go to OE help, there
    should be some information about doing this.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Jerry G., Apr 21, 2004
  5. Toby

    Thor Guest

    Export in OE is useless for porting messages to another OE install. It's
    only for exporting OE messages to MS Exchange, or MS Outlook, installed on
    that same system.

    Thor, Apr 21, 2004
  6. Toby

    ProfGene Guest

    I have done it successfully in the past but that was before XP so I can't
    vouch for it working there but it worked fine with Windows 98.

    ProfGene, Apr 24, 2004