    connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
    this, such as matching white balance, etc?

    , Mar 18, 2006

  2. On 18 Mar 2006 12:12:47 -0800, wrote:

    >My new camera, Fuji 5200 seems to have no stich or panorama mode to
    >connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
    >this, such as matching white balance, etc?

    Yes. Do some googling on the subject.
    --

    "There has always been war. War is raging throughout the world
    at the present moment. And there is little reason to believe

    James Nachtwey
    War Photographer
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    John A. Stovall, Mar 18, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > My new camera, Fuji 5200 seems to have no stich or panorama mode to
    > connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
    > this, such as matching white balance, etc?

    Few if any cameras have the ability to stitch photos, that is usually
    done in software.

    Some cameras have a panorama mode, that locks the exposure and focus
    while you take the photos to be stitched so they will match better.

    So if you can with your camera take overlapping photos and lock the
    exposure, focus and zoom then check the software you have to see if any has
    a stitch or panorama mode. If not you may want to consider some new
    software. I believe there are some free programs that will even do it.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit

    Joseph Meehan, Mar 18, 2006
  4. On 18 Mar 2006 12:12:47 -0800, in rec.photo.digital
    wrote:

    >My new camera, Fuji 5200 seems to have no stich or panorama mode to
    >connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
    >this, such as matching white balance, etc?

    Best if you lock the exposure or use full manual settings. Software can do
    some blending. Give the Autostitch demo a try if using a Windoze PC.
    http:/www.autostitch.net
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Mar 18, 2006
  5. John H Guest

    On 18 Mar 2006 12:12:47 -0800, wrote:

    >My new camera, Fuji 5200 seems to have no stich or panorama mode to
    >connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
    >this, such as matching white balance, etc?

    Have a look here:
    http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

    John H

    John H, Mar 18, 2006
  6. Alan Guest

    In message <>,
    wrote

    >My new camera, Fuji 5200 seems to have no stich or panorama mode to
    >connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
    >this, such as matching white balance, etc?

    See

    <http://www.panoguide.net/site_index.jsp>

    The software list is at
    <http://www.panoguide.net/products/>

    --
    Alan
    news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

    Alan, Mar 18, 2006
  7. Marvin Guest

    wrote:
    > My new camera, Fuji 5200 seems to have no stich or panorama mode to
    > connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
    > this, such as matching white balance, etc?

    Any good image editor will do it well. In general, I prefer
    not to have the camera do any processing of the imagfe,
    other than making jpg files. After that, I edit woith Paint
    Shop Pro, and keep the original image as a backup
    (equivalent to a negative) so that, if needed, I can go back
    to Start and do the image editing over until I get it just
    right.

    Marvin, Mar 19, 2006
  8. Rich Guest

    On 18 Mar 2006 12:12:47 -0800, wrote:

    >My new camera, Fuji 5200 seems to have no stich or panorama mode to
    >connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
    >this, such as matching white balance, etc?

    In-camera modes are a pain.
    Try this, its free.

    http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

    Rich, Mar 19, 2006
  9. Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    > My new camera, Fuji 5200 seems to have no stich or panorama mode to
    > connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
    > this, such as matching white balance, etc?

    Yes, but you can help the software by setting your white balance, and
    exposure on manual so that it doesnt' change between pictures. This
    will make the job much easier for the stitching program.

    There are many such programs, and some, like the feature in Photoshop
    Elements do a good job, with little effort. Others will produce better
    results, but have a very steep learning curve. In either case, be ready
    to invest a bit of time to get really good panoramas.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 19, 2006