    Does anybody know when Microsoft is going to change the exam?

    Thanks,

    zym
    yz, Oct 26, 2005

  2. yz

    Blackmetal Guest

    There won't be changes to the current exams.

    The new certifications are very specific to the Net Framework 2.0 and they
    will be recognized independently of each other.

    Also, the current credentials, won't be dismissed and we don't need to do
    anything to maintain them.

    Blackmetal, Oct 26, 2005

  3. Blackmetal is very correct...

    Microsoft will continue to support the MCAD and MCSD.Net, till the support
    for .Net 1.0 & 1.1 will continue...

    MCAD and MCSD.Net will not be pulled away or dismissed only that newer cert
    family is now available, upgrade paths will be available and we encourage
    people to take upgrade paths whenever they are ready and have upgraded their
    skills to .Net 2.0...

    wishes
    Vishal R Joshi
    Product Planner - Technical
    VS.Net 2005 Certifications, Microsoft

    Vishal R Joshi [MSFT], Oct 26, 2005
  4. yz

    Sam Guest

    Many thanks to Microsoft for doing that for the those with the previous
    certifications. I plan on pursuing the new one!
    Sam, Oct 27, 2005
  5. yz

    Tim1982 Guest

    just to be sure if i get this right:

    i was thinking of starting to study to get my MCAD, but now i was affraid
    that i would not be able to do this because the new certs come out.

    So if i get this right, from the above answers, i will be able to take my
    time to study and still take my exams, let's say 1 in the end of this year,
    and the next exams in 2006 ???? Or will they stop taking exams in 2006 for
    MCAD?

    Tim1982, Oct 27, 2005
  6. yz

    DST Guest

    DST, Oct 27, 2005
  7. yz

    .NET Racer Guest

    Its good to hear that the older certfications will still be highly
    recognized, as I have recently gained my MCAD.NET.

    I think Microsoft have made a good decision to make the new certifications
    even more specific to job roles. Will be looking forward to learn the new
    skills required for Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 and then take the
    new exams. :)

    --
    MCAD.NET

    .NET Racer, Oct 27, 2005