    though disk space is plentiful where I actually want to save the file.

    TIA.

    -S-
    Steve Freides, Oct 30, 2004

  2. Steve Freides

    °Mike° Guest

    Downloads have to be stored in temporary space first;
    they are being received in sequential bits. The only way
    to skip the local drive, that I can think of, would be to place
    the temporary internet files cache on the network drive.

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:05:06 -0400, in
    <>
    Steve Freides scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 30, 2004

  3. Steve Freides wrote:

    > When I save a download from the Internet, my XP/Pro machine always
    > saves it to a temporary location on a local drive before then copying
    > it to the location I originally requested, which is almost always a
    > network drive. Is there a way to skip the local drive step? Once in
    > a while I'll want to save something on a network drive that won't
    > even fit on a local drive due to insufficient disk space on the local
    > drive, even though disk space is plentiful where I actually want to
    > save the file.

    What browser are you using? Sounds like IE. You can try changing the
    Registry setting for Temp files to your network drive, so that IE will
    save to the new location instead.

    I use Firefox as my browser, and it saves directly to the target folder.
    Bruce the Shark, Oct 30, 2004