    I`ve tried both an external serial and an internal PCI modem with no
    difference. The dial up noise really annoys me!!!!!

    Any ideas?

    Spladoong, Jul 20, 2003

  2. Spladoong

    Spladoong Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns93BE7B731F016pmargcharternet@65.82.44.187...
    > "Spladoong" <> wrote in
    >
    > > I used to be able to shut my modem up by entering ATMO in the extra
    > > settings. Now under XP and a new Gigibyte mobo it won`t work at all
    > > when I do this. I get all sorts of error messages.
    > >
    > > I`ve tried both an external serial and an internal PCI modem with no
    > > difference. The dial up noise really annoys me!!!!!
    > >
    > > Any ideas?

    > Right click on My Computer, select Manage
    > Select device manager
    > Expand Modems, double click your modem
    > On the Modem tab move the speaker volume slider all the way to the left
    > Click OK
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > --
    > Phil M.
    > MCSE NT/2000

    That was the first thing I tried. Didn`t make any difference. 8^(

    Spladoong, Jul 20, 2003

  3. Spladoong

    °Mike° Guest

    Is it the same modem? Have you tried AT&M0 or AT&M=0 ?

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 16:48:01 +0100, in
    <NOySa.50653$9.net>
    Spladoong scrawled:

    >I used to be able to shut my modem up by entering ATMO in the extra
    >settings. Now under XP and a new Gigibyte mobo it won`t work at all when I
    >do this. I get all sorts of error messages.
    >
    >I`ve tried both an external serial and an internal PCI modem with no
    >difference. The dial up noise really annoys me!!!!!
    >
    >Any ideas?

    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 20, 2003
  4. Spladoong

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:37:27 +0100, in
    <8xzSa.50663$9.net>
    Spladoong scrawled:

    >"Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >> If you were to give an example all those "all sorts of
    >> error messages", then maybe someone might be able to use
    >> that information to give an answer.
    >>

    >Many different messages such saying the modem is busy etc etc...

    Those aren't error messages; "modem is busy etc etc" means
    absolutely NOTHING!

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 20, 2003
  5. Spladoong

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Spladoong said:

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Is it the same modem? Have you tried AT&M0 or AT&M=0 ?
    >>

    > At last a useful suggestion. Thanks. Will give it a go.

    No need for sarcasm, it can lead to being ignored.
    If I was to tell you I was having trouble getting my car to run, would you not
    expect me to be asked questions to narrow down the possibilities?

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

    Brian H¹©, Jul 20, 2003
  6. Spladoong

    Rip Torin Guest

    Hi... When I used a Winmodem I had the same problem, I used every command
    that there was and then some.
    I tried shutting it off at the volume adjustment, no good. Then I got a tip
    from a poster who said open up your PC, find the Modem speaker and put
    something like a piece of tape over the hole. Guess what, it worked...
    Peace at last....hope this helps.,..

    Rip Torin, Jul 20, 2003