    configuration problem.

    Am I installing these in the wrong order? Will I still get the OS choice
    menu if I install x64 first and then XP home?
    =?Utf-8?B?UGFkbG9ycg==?=, Jun 18, 2005

  2. Padlorr <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to set up a multiboot for Windows XP Home and Windows XP
    > x64 Edition on two separate drives (one 80 Gig for XP Home, and a 250
    > Gig serial ATA for x64). I've installed XP Home, and then when I
    > tried installing x64 on the other drive (after formatting a new
    > partition on that drive), I get the OS choice menu but X64 won't boot
    > - message says there is a hard drive configuration problem.
    >
    > Am I installing these in the wrong order? Will I still get the OS
    > choice menu if I install x64 first and then XP home?

    Hi,

    No, the order is right, but I suspect a sata drivers problem. Can't say more
    without knowing more about your config. What kind of mobo, hard disks etc...
    are you using ?

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy, Jun 18, 2005

  3. Hi Christian,

    I was finally able to get the multiboot installed, but I had to delete all
    partitions, and install x64 Edition first (on my Western Digital SATA 250
    drive), then XP Home on my IDE 80 gig drive. It seems to be working fine
    now.

    Thanks,
    Parker

    =?Utf-8?B?UGFkbG9ycg==?=, Jun 18, 2005
  4. Padlorr <> wrote:
    > Hi Christian,
    >
    > I was finally able to get the multiboot installed, but I had to
    > delete all partitions, and install x64 Edition first (on my Western
    > Digital SATA 250 drive), then XP Home on my IDE 80 gig drive. It
    > seems to be working fine now.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Parker

    Hi Parker,

    Do you tell me that your dual boot is working with XP32 installed after x64
    ? I can't believe what I'm reading now...
    But anyway, if it's working for you, that's ok.

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 18, 2005