    Any advice would be very good

    Thanks
    Oliver

    Oliver Gunnell, Dec 16, 2004

  2. Oliver Gunnell

    Russ Braaten Guest

    I have looked into running a display remotely to a projector using wireless
    from a pc and wireless card. The initial reaearch , about 6 months ago,
    suggested that the wireless didn't have the thoughput to handle animation or
    movie type video, and was not suggested. Recent research revealed that
    there is a system to transmit your video over Cat 5 twisted pair cable
    (ethernet) which requires a small adapter at each end. We didn't go that
    way either, but was intrigued by it and thought it had potential in other
    applications... maybe yours. I don't have links handy, they are at work,
    but easy to find... Google "VGA to video adapters" is how I found them.

    Good Luck,

    "Oliver Gunnell" <> wrote in message
    > Guys,
    > A hotel need a plasma display showing content from a pc but
    > they don't wont us to run cables from a pc which is the best way of

    course,
    > So we are thinking of using a OTC Wireless Data 802.11g adapter to send
    > content playing on pc
    > which will be Flash files of different animations to the plasma, anybody
    > ever done this?, and will it play smothly
    >
    > But also the Hotel already has a Wireless network for the guests laptops
    > Can we run two together?, We cant change the current AP so any changes
    > have to be done to our setup
    >
    > Would it be better to run the plasma and pc in adhoc mode or as a 2nd AP?
    > This will be playing 24hrs so I need to make sure these two networks are

    not

    Russ Braaten, Dec 17, 2004

  3. Oliver Gunnell

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    I do not know about Plasma things.

    However Two Bridged Access Point is much better then Ad-Hoc.

    You can assign different SSID and Channel and other security measures, and
    use two Wireless Networks in the same place.

    Wireless Modes: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html

    Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging1.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Dec 17, 2004