    move everything across to the new DC, I might screw up the
    AD once I take the old DC offline.

    Any thoughts of comments welcome
    Paul, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Paul

    Dave Guest

    Paul, I have done a similar operation on a large production domain with no
    problems. As long as you transfer the 5 fsmo roles and make the server a GC
    you should be OK. Don't forget to install DNS also.

    Dave, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Dave

    Thanks for your reply. Thanks also for pointing out about
    DNS - to be honest I had left this out of the equation but
    you are quite correct, I will need to also transfer DNS to
    the second server.

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 27, 2004