    It was a good reminder.

    How do you insert signatures on this Window Live Mail please?

    Rajinder
    Chaudhry, Apr 5, 2010

  2. Chaudhry

    Mike Easter Guest

    Chaudhry wrote:

    You are sitting there looking at WLM v.14 while you are writing this.
    I'm not.

    > I was using XP Pro and now bought a new PC with Windows 7 Home Premium.
    > I wanted to run Outlook express and MS Outlook on this new one but I can't.

    Correct. WLM is pretty close to OE.

    > Does Windows Live Mail have the features such as Tasks in MS Outlook
    > please? It was a good reminder.

    MS's Live stuff has some of the things that Outlook has, such as
    calendaring -- also to integrate with Live Calendaring online.

    > How do you insert signatures on this Window Live Mail please?

    Try Tools, like OE. Else use its Help function to find your way around.

    MS compares WLM with OE here

    http://snipr.com/v9zsi Windows Live Mail is similar to both Outlook
    Express and Windows Mail, but has these additional features:

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Apr 5, 2010

  3. Chaudhry

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Chaudhry

    You can run WLM in Win7 and you can also run Outlook Express in Win 7 if you run it
    in XP mode which is available with all versions of Win7 except the Home version.
    Basically to insert a sig in WLM is about the same as it was in OE.

    --
    Peter

    Peter Foldes, Apr 5, 2010
  4. Chaudhry

    VanguardLH Guest

    Chaudhry wrote:

    > I was using XP Pro and now bought a new PC with Windows 7 Home Premium. I
    > wanted to run Outlook express and MS Outlook on this new one but I can't.
    >
    > Does Windows Live Mail have the features such as Tasks in MS Outlook please?
    > It was a good reminder.
    >
    > How do you insert signatures on this Window Live Mail please?

    Curious as to how you intend to get Outlook Express on Windows 7. Wind7
    doesn't come with an e-mail client. You have to install one. OE6 has been
    nearly unchanged since 2002 except for security updates and one patch in
    2006 for SP-2 for WinXP which was the same year that the OE development
    group got disbanded.

    There is a way of using OE under XP Mode and VPC 2007 but not with the
    default install of Win7. Is your intent to go through the effort of setting
    up OE6 to run inside a virtual machine? Oops, you said Win7 *HOME* edition
    which means you don't get to use XP Mode.

    Unless you upgrade to Win7 Pro, Ultimate, or Enterprise edition to have
    available the XP Mode (which gives you a licensed copy of WinXP to run in a
    virtual machine), you don't have a means of running OE on Win7. So there is
    no issue in running both OE and Outlook on Win7 as OE is out of the picture.

    WLM (Windows Live Mail) is similar enough to OE that long-time OE users
    should understand how to use most of it. There are significant differences,
    however, in where it stores its message store and some behavior changes,
    like accounts shown as separate tree branches instead of melded together.

    For a more focused community on WLM, its newsgroup is at:
    microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
    VanguardLH, Apr 5, 2010