    Do they really mean 233mhz, or is that the "recommended" speed for
    better performance?

    Thanks for any info.
    Nate Goulet, Feb 21, 2005

  2. Nate Goulet

    John Guest

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:42:44 GMT, (Nate Goulet)
    wrote:

    >Can I run FireFox 1.0 for Windows on a 200 mhz PC, Windows 98se?
    >Requirements say 233 mhz
    >
    >I noticed the requirements say 233mhz, but I have one pc i'd like to
    >run it on that is only 200 mhz. Has anyone run FireFox 1.0 on a 200
    >mhz pc?
    >
    >Do they really mean 233mhz, or is that the "recommended" speed for
    >better performance?
    >
    > Thanks for any info.

    Hey Nate:

    Why don't you just try it? It won't cost you anything . . .

    John <><
    John, Feb 21, 2005

  3. Nate Goulet

    ..brian.. Guest

    Re: Can I run FireFox 1.0 for Windows on a 200 mhz PC, Windows 98se? Requirements say 233 mhz

    It will run, although performance is going to depend on available
    memory. I've seen people recommend K-melon on slower systems, although
    I haven't tried it.

    Just install it, and try it out.
    --
    Brian
    ..brian.., Feb 21, 2005
  4. Nate Goulet

    norm Guest

    Goulet) wrote:

    >Can I run FireFox 1.0 for Windows on a 200 mhz PC, Windows 98se?
    >Requirements say 233 mhz
    >
    >I noticed the requirements say 233mhz, but I have one pc i'd like to
    >run it on that is only 200 mhz. Has anyone run FireFox 1.0 on a 200
    >mhz pc?
    >
    >Do they really mean 233mhz, or is that the "recommended" speed for
    >better performance?
    >
    > Thanks for any info.

    Sure,I run it a 200mhz windows 95.
    norm, Feb 21, 2005
  5. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:42:44 GMT, (Nate
    Goulet) wrote:

    > Can I run FireFox 1.0 for Windows on a 200 mhz PC, Windows 98se?
    > Requirements say 233 mhz

    It's currently running on a 166 Mhz Pentium with 32 megs of RAM under Win
    95B on one system here. It works, but it is very slow to initially open the
    browser. IE 4.01 had to be installed before FireFox 1.0 would install. It
    seems that the IE 3.0 that came with Win 95 didn't have enough of the
    support files for Firefox to install.

    By comparison, running at 200 Mhz with Win 98se, should be no trouble at
    all. You'll just need to tweak Firefox for optimum speed on a slow system.
    --
    FoxWolfie
    FoxWolfie Galen, Feb 22, 2005