    Your advice will be greatly appreciated. TIA
    __
    Deet

    deet, Jan 21, 2004

  2. deet

    Harrison Guest

    If you have not written other data to the drive, then your chances are
    pretty good.
    You'll need a recovery utility.
    http://www.recovermyfiles.com/
    That's one of many.

    Harrison, Jan 21, 2004

  3. deet

    deet Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:44:29 -0500, Harrison <Harrison> wrote:

    >If you have not written other data to the drive, then your chances are
    >pretty good.
    >You'll need a recovery utility.
    >http://www.recovermyfiles.com/
    >That's one of many.>
    >On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:31:08 GMT, deet wrote:
    >
    >>I forgot I did not back up certain files to my large hard drive and
    >>I stupidly deleted them from my smaller hard drive. I received
    >>messages advising me that the files were too big for the recycle
    >>(trash) bin, and the files must be deleted permanently. I was then
    >>given the opportunity to check "yes" or "no". I checked yes,
    >>momentarily forgetting I had not backed up the files . Is there
    >>anyway for me to retreive those files?
    >>
    >>My operating system is win98SE.
    >>
    >>Your advice will be greatly appreciated. TIA
    >> __
    >> Deet

    Thanks for the information Harrison. Unfortunately I did write some
    additional data to the drive, but will try some recovery programs and
    hope for the best.

    __
    deet

    deet, Jan 22, 2004
  4. deet

    blackpkerstr

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    So then is paying necessary?

    I'm currently running a recover with Recover My Files, it's been 30 minutes, and no luck so far.

    My documents had all of 3 years of Photoshop work on it.
    Plus many many other things.

    Please tell me this is guaranteed fixable.

    blackpkerstr, Jan 28, 2009
  5. deet

    blackpkerstr

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    Oh for the love of-

    So we do have to pay then? (I thoroughly read the site)

    I've just lost all 3 years of hard work...

    This happened, for some reason I don't understand, because I copied my Documents folder into D: as backup/ save space on C:, but later I looked back and saw it was unecessary. So I deleted, checking the yes to deleting permanently, OBVIOUSLY think it would only delete the copy in D:, but somehow it got deleted in C: too. I just don't get it.

    I am extremely stressed at the moment...

    blackpkerstr, Jan 28, 2009
  6. deet

    blackpkerstr

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    I'm extremely sorry for the multiple posting, but why on earth am I being completely ignored.

    blackpkerstr, Jan 28, 2009