  1. Guest

    It is out of warranty......and also burnt out..

    , Dec 13, 2006

  2. Cub Guest

    "" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > It is out of warranty......and also burnt out..

    Yeah Yeah Yeah replace it ! !

    Cub, Dec 13, 2006

  3. beenthere Guest

    "" <> wrote in message
    > It is out of warranty......and also burnt out..

    As Cub says yea, But consider Why is it burnt out.
    Is your PSU shot as well ?.

    beenthere, Dec 13, 2006
  4. "" <> wrote in

    > Subject: Can I REPLACE DELL OPTIPLEX gx270 MOTHERBOARD?
    >
    > It is out of warranty......and also burnt out..

    Yeah, dwood! I'd replace it with a digital camera, a scrapbook, and a set
    of those shiny big-ass hubcaps which spin backwards even when you're
    sitting still at a red light.

    Chicks love 'em, and old folks stare at your ride with a look that non-
    verbally says "What the ****...!!!???!!!"

    Then you quickly get their pictures with your digital camera. And when
    you've got enough pictures, you put them together in the scrapbook with
    some funny sayings and take it to your publisher for an advance.

    Don't take the first offer, even if the publisher's agent is a really good
    friend and old college buddy of yours, because in a couple of days, they
    *will* go higher.

    So, then when you deposit your advance check and get some chump-cash back
    for the celebration party, and after that you can call Dell up and have
    them build a really nice brand new computer - and deliver it FedEx
    overnight.

    He was a spy, all right! And he knew that everybody knew it...
    He'd walk into a room and people would go "Hey, who is that guy, a spy?"
    He'd laugh to himself, maybe pull out his gun and show it to the people,
    to kind of impress them - but *not* to show off.
    Sometimes spying was dirty work.
    Sometimes he'd kill a guy, then paint a clown face on his face.
    Nobody said he had to do that, but he did it anyway.
    So, dirty work *can* be entertaining and educational!

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 13, 2006
  5. Ron Martell Guest

    "" <> wrote:

    >It is out of warranty......and also burnt out..

    No problems from a technical point of view.

    However if you have a Dell OEM version of Windows XP installed then
    you may have a problem unless you get the replacement motherboard from
    Dell.

    Your OEM version of Windows XP is probably BIOS Locked, which means
    that it is self-activating when installed on a Dell motherboard but
    cannot be activated if the motherboard is from anyone else.

    And if you change to a different motherboard then you will have to do
    a Repair Install of Windows XP in order to get it properly configured
    to work with the new motherboard hardware, and that will require
    reactivation.

    Hope this explains the situation.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada