    I know i can do it for mails coming in but can i do it for mail sat in
    folders ?

    RICK

    Rick, Jan 15, 2005

  2. Rick

    Stephen Guest

    Rick wrote:
    > I have a few mailing lists that send me mail...
    >
    > Can I set this up to remove them once they are 30 days old ?
    >
    > I know i can do it for mails coming in but can i do it for mail sat in
    > folders ?

    AFAICS this is not possible, unlike Pegasus.

    The best solution I have found is to set up a 'saved search' folder
    which filters & collates messages older than 30 days from several
    mailing-list folders. I periodically open this folder, press <ctrl-a> &
    <delete>.

    --
    Regards,

    Stephen

    Stephen, Jan 15, 2005

  3. Rick

    Basil Guest

    Rick schreef op 15/01/2005 14:58:

    > I have a few mailing lists that send me mail...
    >
    > Can I set this up to remove them once they are 30 days old ?
    >
    > I know i can do it for mails coming in but can i do it for mail sat in
    > folders ?

    (disclaimer: I use the Dutch version of TB, so I'm not too sure about
    the terminology)

    I have a filter 'Old mail' that says 'Age in Days' is more than 7 days
    -> move to wastebasket. Every now and then I run this filter (Extra ->
    Run filters on this folder) on my folder Mailing lists or Logs or other
    stuff I don't want to keep longer than a week. So it's manual, and I
    really don't want to run it on my Inbox ;) but it's easier than just
    deleting the old mail.

    Probably not the answer you wanted to have ;)

    --
    Basil

    Basil, Jan 15, 2005
  4. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Stephen wrote:
    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> I have a few mailing lists that send me mail...
    >>
    >> Can I set this up to remove them once they are 30 days old ?
    >>
    >> I know i can do it for mails coming in but can i do it for mail sat in
    >> folders ?

    > AFAICS this is not possible, unlike Pegasus.
    >
    > The best solution I have found is to set up a 'saved search' folder
    > which filters & collates messages older than 30 days from several
    > mailing-list folders. I periodically open this folder, press <ctrl-a> &
    > <delete>.

    Nice one mate, thats the one for me ....

    THANKS

    RICK

    Rick, Jan 16, 2005
  5. Rick

    Moz Champion Guest

    Rick wrote:

    > I have a few mailing lists that send me mail...
    >
    > Can I set this up to remove them once they are 30 days old ?
    >
    > I know i can do it for mails coming in but can i do it for mail sat in
    > folders ?
    >
    > RICK

    Sure

    Have them routed to a specific folder when they are incoming
    Then set up a filter for that folder that uses days old as a parameter
    Run the filter on the folder periodically

    Filters run automatically on incoming mail, but have to be told (Run
    filters on folder) for extant folders

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org