    Any advice would be useful.
    Thanx
    Davy M.
    David Murray, Sep 8, 2005

  2. David Murray

    Plato Guest

    David Murray wrote:

    > I have just installed Windows XP pro on a laptop which came supplied with XP
    > Home. The Home install included other MS software - Encarta, Works etc.
    > which I don't have install cds for.

    Those were addons. They dont come with xp.

    > Can I copy these programs to my new XP pro programs folder and register them
    > with XP pro?

    No.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Sep 8, 2005

  3. David Murray

    David Murray Guest

    Okay. Thanx for the info. I won't need to waste any more time trying.

    Davy M.

    David Murray, Sep 8, 2005
  4. David Murray

    nos1eep Guest

    On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 21:14:27 GMT, "David Murray"
    <> spewed the following drivel:

    >Okay. Thanx for the info. I won't need to waste any more time trying.
    >
    >Davy M.

    Plato was not entirely correct, you "can" migrate files, folders, reg
    keys, ect. and sometimes it even works. It can be done.

    >"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    >> David Murray wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I have just installed Windows XP pro on a laptop which came

    supplied with
    >>> XP
    >>> Home. The Home install included other MS software - Encarta, Works

    etc.
    >>> which I don't have install cds for.

    >> Those were addons. They dont come with xp.
    >>
    >>> Can I copy these programs to my new XP pro programs folder and

    register
    >>> them
    >>> with XP pro?

    >> No.
    >>

    >>> I have the computer set up as a dual boot at the moment, but would

    like
    >>> ditch the XP home without losing the installed software.
    >>> Any advice would be useful.
    >>> Thanx
    >>> Davy M.

    >> --
    >> http://www.bootdisk.com/

    __

    -nos1eep
    nos1eep, Sep 8, 2005
  5. David Murray

    Dicky Guest

    If you have a restore disk I have seen it where you can browse the bin
    files, check the read me files to determine what the program is, and
    reinstall the addons from there.

    Dicky, Sep 11, 2005
  6. David Murray

    nos1eep Guest

    On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 02:46:53 GMT, "Dicky" <>
    spewed the following drivel:

    >If you have a restore disk I have seen it where you can browse the

    bin
    >files, check the read me files to determine what the program is, and
    >reinstall the addons from there.

    Sometimes you can. Sometimes it is just an image, but that image can
    be opened with isobuster and files extracted. It is a lot of messing
    around with no guarantee of success, but if you have a lot of time on
    your hands, well then...............

    >"nos1eep" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 21:14:27 GMT, "David Murray"
    >> <> spewed the following drivel:
    >>
    >>>Okay. Thanx for the info. I won't need to waste any more time

    trying.

    >>>Davy M.

    >> Plato was not entirely correct, you "can" migrate files, folders,

    reg
    >> keys, ect. and sometimes it even works. It can be done.
    >>>
    >>>"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message

    >> supplied with

    Works
    >> etc.