    I would appreciate any advice - thank you.
    --
    Don
    Don, Jul 7, 2006

  2. Don

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "Don" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a pack of Packard Bell DVD-RW which I had filled with backup files,
    >videos etc. To give me space for future storage I erased three DVDs, which
    >contained files I no longer require, using Veritas Recordnow DX software.
    >My reader/rewriter no longer recognises these discs and reports that "no
    >disc is present."
    >
    > Is there any way in which I can recover the use of these DVD-RW discs or
    > are they lost for ever?
    >
    > I have learnt that if I endeavour to burn a file on to a full disc I am
    > given the chance to overwrite the old files and this appears to work
    > satisfactorily.
    >
    > I would appreciate any advice - thank you.
    > --
    > Don

    Insert a disc in drive. Open My Computer, right click on the drive that the
    disc is in, and select "Format".

    Bobby
    NoNoBadDog!, Jul 7, 2006

  3. > Insert a disc in drive. Open My Computer, right click on the drive that the
    > disc is in, and select "Format".

    That only re-use the disc, but not recovering anything.

    --
    .~. Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. http://www.linux-sxs.org
    /( _ )\ (Ubuntu 6.06) Linux 2.6.17.3
    Man-wai Chang, Jul 8, 2006
  4. Don

    Don Guest

    In message <44af8d9b$-cable.com>, Man-wai Chang
    <> writes
    >> Insert a disc in drive. Open My Computer, right click on the drive that the
    >> disc is in, and select "Format".

    Thanks Bobby. I have tried this but my computer does not offer me the
    opportunity to Format when I right click the drive as you suggested.
    Nor is there the chance to format when looking under File. I can format
    a floppy disc but apparently not a rewritable disc, unless someone can
    suggest another method. I am using Windows xp home edition.
    >That only re-use the disc, but not recovering anything.

    I am not worried about losing what was on the disc. Thanks for the
    warning.

    --
    Don
    Don, Jul 8, 2006
  5. > floppy disc but apparently not a rewritable disc, unless someone can
    > suggest another method. I am using Windows xp home edition.
    >> That only re-use the disc, but not recovering anything.

    > I am not worried about losing what was on the disc. Thanks for the warning.

    Are you using Nero? It has an Erase Disc option.

    --
    .~. Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. http://www.linux-sxs.org
    /( _ )\ (Ubuntu 6.06) Linux 2.6.17.3
    ^ ^ 20:23:01 up 7 days 8:42 0 users load average: 0.15 0.08 0.02
    news://news.3home.net news://news.hkpcug.org news://news.newsgroup.com.hk
    Man-wai Chang, Jul 8, 2006