Can I record from Sanyo Cassett Recorder to computer ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mick., Nov 20, 2004.

  1. Mick.

    Mick. Guest

    Hi all,
    I have the paid for version of Musicmatch Jukebox Plus 9.00.0159b

    I have recorded a funeral service with a:
    Sanyo Compact Cassette Recorder TRC-1148

    I can play this with Musicmatch using the computer line in from the ear
    socket on the Sanyo
    but I cannot see any way of recording it, with Musicmatch, only from the CD
    drive.
    I have also tried with Windows Media Player 10

    I want to record the service to disc to send to family abroad, is this
    possible please?
    I did ask the vicar, if allowed and was told yes.
    I would be really grateful for any help,
    Mick.

    Mick., Nov 20, 2004

  2. Mick.

    Nik Schlein Guest

    Check your sound card, there should be a line in or a mic jack. Either of
    those can import sound. Then all you have to do is find a program to record
    music. If you could get your hands on Adobe Audition it would do it, but I
    am sure www.download.com has tons of free audio recorders. Then all you
    would have to do is burn the WAV file to a CD if they have a computer too.
    Or you could burn the WAV to a CD audio CD and play it in some stand alone
    CD players.

    Nik Schlein, Nov 20, 2004

  3. Mick.

    Mick. Guest

    "Anan Amis" <> wrote in message

    > "Mick." <> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >> I have the paid for version of Musicmatch Jukebox Plus 9.00.0159b
    >>
    >> I have recorded a funeral service with a:
    >> Sanyo Compact Cassette Recorder TRC-1148
    >>
    >> I can play this with Musicmatch using the computer line in from the ear
    >> socket on the Sanyo
    >> but I cannot see any way of recording it, with Musicmatch, only from the

    > CD
    >> drive.
    >> I have also tried with Windows Media Player 10
    >>
    >> I want to record the service to disc to send to family abroad, is this
    >> possible please?
    >> I did ask the vicar, if allowed and was told yes.
    >> I would be really grateful for any help,
    >> Mick.
    >>

    > In MMJB - Options-Recorder-source-Line in.

    Thanks Anan,
    I have done that bit and can play it but cannot see how to record it in
    MMJB.

    Mick.

    Mick., Nov 20, 2004
  4. Mick.

    trout Guest

    Mick. wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I have the paid for version of Musicmatch Jukebox Plus 9.00.0159b
    >
    > I have recorded a funeral service with a:
    > Sanyo Compact Cassette Recorder TRC-1148
    >
    > I can play this with Musicmatch using the computer line in from the
    > ear socket on the Sanyo
    > but I cannot see any way of recording it, with Musicmatch, only from
    > the CD drive.
    > I have also tried with Windows Media Player 10
    >
    > I want to record the service to disc to send to family abroad, is this
    > possible please?
    > I did ask the vicar, if allowed and was told yes.
    > I would be really grateful for any help,
    > Mick.

    Seems you *ought* to be able to use that program. If not, you can
    use Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ (free)
    --
    "Just record from 'line'."

    trout, Nov 20, 2004
  5. Mick.

    Anan Amis Guest

    Anan Amis, Nov 20, 2004
  6. Mick.

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Mick." <> wrote in message

    | "Anan Amis" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "Mick." <> wrote in message
    | >> Hi all,
    | >> I have the paid for version of Musicmatch Jukebox Plus 9.00.0159b
    | >>
    | >> I have recorded a funeral service with a:
    | >> Sanyo Compact Cassette Recorder TRC-1148
    | >>
    | >> I can play this with Musicmatch using the computer line in from the ear
    | >> socket on the Sanyo
    | >> but I cannot see any way of recording it, with Musicmatch, only from
    the
    | > CD
    | >> drive.
    | >> I have also tried with Windows Media Player 10
    | >>
    | >> I want to record the service to disc to send to family abroad, is this
    | >> possible please?
    | >> I did ask the vicar, if allowed and was told yes.
    | >> I would be really grateful for any help,
    | >> Mick.
    | >>

    | > In MMJB - Options-Recorder-source-Line in.
    |
    | Thanks Anan,
    | I have done that bit and can play it but cannot see how to record it in
    | MMJB.
    |
    | Mick.

    Click on View, Recorder. You can even type in track names, artist name, etc.
    (Click on Artist to type in artist name, click on Album to type in album
    name, etc.)

    Toolman Tim, Nov 20, 2004
  7. Mick.

    gronod Guest

    try www.download.com for all2wav. this little utility records from sound
    card and will record anything you can play. but will only record as .wav
    files

    gronod, Nov 21, 2004
  8. Mick.

    Doug Guest

    > "Mick." <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > > I have the paid for version of Musicmatch Jukebox Plus 9.00.0159b
    > >
    > > I have recorded a funeral service with a:
    > > Sanyo Compact Cassette Recorder TRC-1148
    > >
    > > I can play this with Musicmatch using the computer line in from the ear
    > > socket on the Sanyo
    > > but I cannot see any way of recording it, with Musicmatch, only from the

    > CD
    > > drive.
    > > I have also tried with Windows Media Player 10
    > >
    > > I want to record the service to disc to send to family abroad, is this
    > > possible please?
    > > I did ask the vicar, if allowed and was told yes.
    > > I would be really grateful for any help,
    > > Mick.

    In MMJB you have to choose the "record from line in" option.
    I've recorded many cassettes to cd using MMJB.

    Doug, Nov 21, 2004
  9. Mick.

    Mick. Guest

    "Doug" <> wrote in message
    >> "Mick." <> wrote in message
    >> >

    > In MMJB you have to choose the "record from line in" option.
    > I've recorded many cassettes to cd using MMJB.

    Thanks Doug, and everyone,
    have done it with your help and written it down to use again.

    Mick.

    Mick., Nov 21, 2004