    The power and ribbon cable connections are physically the same as PC
    compatible ATA hard drives.

    Can it be safely used in a PC?
    Rudge, Feb 29, 2004

  2. Rudge

    Alex Guest

    hardware is almost the same for pc's, im sure you can hook it up to the pc,
    maby the cable my be a little diffrent, pins. but it would have to be
    formatted to fat or ntfs.and yes i had an apple as well and used some of the
    hard ware in my pc, like the hard drive

    Alex, Mar 1, 2004

  3. Rudge

    Chris Guest

    "Rudge" <> wrote in message
    > The power and ribbon cable connections are physically the same as PC
    > compatible ATA hard drives.
    >
    > Can it be safely used in a PC?

    If the cables and architecture are indeed identical, then the format will in
    effect make it into a PC device.
    Chris, Mar 1, 2004
  4. Rudge

    Thor Guest

    yes, it should work just fine. You'll just have to partition and format it
    with a windows compatible file system like FAT32 or NTFS, depending on the
    version of windows used.

    Thor, Mar 1, 2004
  5. Rudge

    Don Ward Guest

    Id like to know if i can put a pc hdd in my G3 apple??
    any one know if reverse compability has been done
    don ward

    --
    ---
    don ward <>
    Don Ward, Mar 2, 2004
  6. Rudge

    Robert Baer Guest

    Don Ward wrote:

    > Id like to know if i can put a pc hdd in my G3 apple??
    > any one know if reverse compability has been done
    > don ward
    >
    > --
    > ---
    > don ward <>

    The drives are IDE, and as long as one used the drive as Master on the
    PC there will be no problems (different jumper scheme and no
    documentation on the Mac drives).
    *BUT*
    The drive must be completely re-formated, as the format for the one
    computer is radically different than for the other.
    Robert Baer, Mar 2, 2004