    Hi. I've got a folder with some private stuff in..well it's porn..anyway I
    don't want my lil bro to see it coz he's only 13. Can I put a password on
    it?

    Jamie Lowry, May 10, 2004

  2. Jamie Lowry

    Patch Guest

    "Jamie Lowry" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi. I've got a folder with some private stuff in..well it's porn..anyway I
    > don't want my lil bro to see it coz he's only 13. Can I put a password on
    > it?

    If he's 13, I'm sure he's seen lots of porn!

    Patch, May 10, 2004

  3. Jamie Lowry

    Jamie Lowry Guest

    "Patch" <> wrote in message

    > "Jamie Lowry" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi. I've got a folder with some private stuff in..well it's porn..anyway

    > > don't want my lil bro to see it coz he's only 13. Can I put a password

    on
    > > it?
    > >

    > If he's 13, I'm sure he's seen lots of porn!

    Yeah....but still...y'know...I don't wanna encourage it.

    Jamie Lowry, May 10, 2004
  4. Jamie Lowry

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, May 10, 2004
  5. "Jamie Lowry" <> wrote in message
    > Hi. I've got a folder with some private stuff in..well it's porn..anyway I
    > don't want my lil bro to see it coz he's only 13. Can I put a password on
    > it?

    What operating system? In Win XP Pro you can encrypt a compressed folder and
    require a password with ease. Start->Help and Support->search for folder +
    password.

    In Win 9x you can make a folder "hidden" so people who don't have their view
    options set to show things like system files and hidden folders won't see
    it.

    In both systems you can run a third party zip program like WinZip to create
    password protected Zip files to hold your porn.

    Oxford Systems, May 10, 2004
  6. Jamie Lowry

    gb Guest

    Just delete it and stop being hypocritical.

    gb

    gb, May 11, 2004
  7. Jamie Lowry

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Jamie Lowry mused:

    | Yeah....but still...y'know...I don't wanna encourage it.

    Obviously you don't feel there is any harm in it ... or you wouldn't
    have a folder full of it. ;-)

    mhicaoidh, May 11, 2004
  8. Oxford Systems wrote:

    > "Jamie Lowry" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi. I've got a folder with some private stuff in..well it's porn..anyway I
    >> don't want my lil bro to see it coz he's only 13. Can I put a password on
    >> it?

    <snip two answers required because Jamie has a two seekrit OS that he can't
    identify for anyone without permission from Sooper Spy HQ>

    > In both systems you can run a third party zip program like WinZip to create
    > password protected Zip files to hold your porn.

    And there *is* a lot of logic in using a method where you unzip before
    looking at your porn.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 4892F
    AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

    Blinky the Shark, May 11, 2004
  9. Jamie Lowry

    Sourdough Guest

    Try http://www.pc-magic.com/

    Sourdough, May 11, 2004
  10. Jamie Lowry

    Linda Guest

    Put it in a compressed folder & change the .zip extension of
    the folder to something else to make it look like a file.
    Just don't forget what your 'file name' is or your brother
    will be old enough to vote before you can work out which
    'file/folder' it is.

    Linda, May 11, 2004
  11. Jamie Lowry

    DaveTuborg

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    DaveTuborg, Apr 4, 2007
  12. Jamie Lowry

    dark_ninja3088

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    people could you stop telling this guy off for having a folder full of porn. who cares. all this guy asked for was how to password protect a folder. does it really matter what he wants to protect. if he said it was to protect confidential business files you would probably answer differently

    dark_ninja3088, Oct 12, 2008