    --
    Denise

    ~ If you don't know where you came from, you won't know where you're going.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Apr 17, 2007

  2. No, "My Computer" is an abstraction. What you need to do is put the document
    or folder some specific place on your computer. For example, you _could_ put
    it in My Documents (called simply Documents in Vista).

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 18, 2007

  3. I was hoping for a 1-double click availability since I use the folder so
    often. Thanks for letting me know that it can't be done.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Apr 18, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    If you are looking for a desktop folder to use for your documents, you
    can create one. Right mouse click on any otherwise empty spot on the
    desktop. Select New Folder from the context menu. An icon
    will appear on the desktop. Navigate to the icon and type the label you
    want for it. If the "New Folder" label is not already highlighted, right
    click and select Rename. Now you can cut/paste or drag/drop to the
    desktop icon or click to open it in the usual way.

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Tom Ferguson, Apr 18, 2007
  5. Well, there's an interesting workaround. Create a shortcut to your desktop
    or My documents folder. Copy that shortcut to the SendTo folder (which hides
    in C:\Documents and Settings\Username\SendTo). Now, whenever you want to
    copy something to the location, you right click and select the location from
    the SendTo menu.

    Here's a second tip. Create a shortcut to SendTo, and copy it into the
    SendTo folder. Rename it "Add to Sendto" and you're laughin'.

    Use a favourite editor (Gvim, in my case) instead of notepad a lot? Add a
    shortcut to that editor in SendTo, and rename it "Edit with Gvim".

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 18, 2007
  6. Hi Charlie and Tom,

    Thanks for your advice but my desktop is littered with shortcuts to folders
    and files that I use on an almost constant basis. This folder is a special
    one that I would like to have in My Computer. It looks like partitioning the
    drive is the only way that it can be done.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Apr 18, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=

    John Hall Guest

    "Denise" <> wrote in message

    > Thanks for your advice but my desktop is littered with shortcuts to
    > folders
    > and files that I use on an almost constant basis. This folder is a
    > special
    > one that I would like to have in My Computer. It looks like partitioning
    > the
    > drive is the only way that it can be done.

    Rather than partitioning your drive to presumably get another drive letter,
    you could share the folder in question and then map a drive letter to it.
    First share the folder and make sure you give yourself read/write
    privileges. Then from a command prompt type:

    > net use x: \\mymachine\importantfiles

    where mymachine is the name of your computer and importantfiles the name of
    the share.

    regards,
    John

    John Hall, Apr 18, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=

    DP Guest

    What about dragging the folder or shortcut to your quicklaunch bar? That
    would seem to give you what you want.

    DP, Apr 19, 2007