    something you can only purchase with new hardware? Cisco sells a CD with the
    current PIX OS 6.3.3 but it costs more than a 506e.

    how does all of this work?

    Mike, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Mike

    Brian V Guest

    Mike,
    Yes, as long as you are the original purchaser and you bought the 506 new
    you can get smartnet anytime, even 5 years from now as long as it is still a
    supported platform. If you got it from Ebay or such, then no you will not be
    able to get smartnet until you have purchased the appropriate license and
    have the pix certified by Cisco or an authorized partner.
    -Brian

    Brian V, Oct 29, 2003