    broadband router. I am thinking of purchasing a new laptop with VISTA Home
    Premium. Will I be able to access the printer connected to my XP desktop PC
    from the VISTA laptop via my wireless network?

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaA==?=, Jun 7, 2007

  2. Hi
    Yes you would, provided you set the Sharing Files and Printers for both
    computers.
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 7, 2007

  3. Thanks much. These links provided a lot of great info and I was able to
    network both PC this weekend after purchasing the new laptop.

    Thanks again.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaA==?=, Jun 11, 2007
  4. There shouldn't be any problem. I too have a desktop with XP and wireless
    connection and recently purchased a laptop with Vista. I had no problem
    setting up and using the printer for both computers.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=, Jun 11, 2007

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29uZnVzZWRjaXZpbGVuZ3I=?=, Jun 14, 2007

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29uZnVzZWRjaXZpbGVuZ3I=?=, Jun 14, 2007
  7. I keep getting an error msg that says: can't connect to internet. both
    computers share same IP address. what do I do?

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29uZnVzZWRjaXZpbGVuZ3I=?=, Jun 14, 2007
  8. Well, inspite of following all advice and jmping all the d... unnecessary
    hurdles, which I would not have, if I could buy a laptop with XP,
    I still get "access denied" trying to connect to a printer on XP home from
    Vista.
    The funny thing is that I'm able to drill into the printer, see the
    permissions settings, but still the "connect " operation fails".
    any more hints ???

    I'm very close to returning it to the shop and buying an Apple or Linux
    instead, because I can't get any XP laptops anywhere. anymore.
    VISTA is a night mare !!!

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlldG1hcl9IaWxkZWJyYW5k?=, Jun 14, 2007