    I think I did it once but don't know how. Is there a way to print a
    listt of all Firefox bookmarks?

    Brad

    avalanche*, Dec 18, 2006

  2. avalanche* wrote:
    > I think I did it once but don't know how. Is there a way to print a
    > listt of all Firefox bookmarks?
    >
    > Brad

    You can export them as HTML (sorted as you wish) and then print that
    html file.. Not sure if there is a "direct" print.

    Scott Hildenbrand, Dec 18, 2006

  3. avalanche*

    Guest

    Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
    > avalanche* wrote:
    > > I think I did it once but don't know how. Is there a way to print a
    > > listt of all Firefox bookmarks?
    > >
    > > Brad

    > You can export them as HTML (sorted as you wish) and then print that
    > html file.. Not sure if there is a "direct" print.

    the bookmarks file is already in html format -- its bookmarks.html.
    Use your browser, locate that file, and open it. Then print it from
    there.

    If you want to sort them, then copy and paste them into a spreadsheet
    program, sort, and print from there.

    , Dec 18, 2006
  4. avalanche*

    Ed Mullen Guest

    wrote:
    > Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
    >> avalanche* wrote:
    >>> I think I did it once but don't know how. Is there a way to print a
    >>> listt of all Firefox bookmarks?
    >>>
    >>> Brad

    >> You can export them as HTML (sorted as you wish) and then print that
    >> html file.. Not sure if there is a "direct" print.

    > the bookmarks file is already in html format -- its bookmarks.html.
    > Use your browser, locate that file, and open it. Then print it from
    > there.

    That will print the Names but not the locations of the bookmarks. Not
    too useful from a recovery standpoint but, perhaps, at least it can give
    a picture of the structure of your bookmarks.

    > If you want to sort them, then copy and paste them into a spreadsheet
    > program, sort, and print from there.

    UGH! With all of the goofy HTML cruft in a Mozilla bookmarks.html file
    that is going to be a nightmare. Especially figuring out some scheme to
    parse the structure on to break the Names and Locations into some
    sensible Excel database structure.

    Once upon a time I created some macros for Word that would strip all of
    that junk out of a BM file and leave a simple structure like:

    (first line) <Name of bookmark>
    (second line) <location link>
    (blank line)

    etc.

    If I can find them I'll post them for anyone interested.

    There are some third-party tools out there for bookmarks management that
    may be useful for this but I haven't used any in a long time because
    none that researched provide good management functions /and/ also are
    able to preserve the bookmarks.html structure (so you can manage them in
    an external program and them import/use them in a Moz browser while
    maintaining the Moz layout structure.).

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Dec 18, 2006
  5. avalanche* wrote:
    > I think I did it once but don't know how. Is there a way to print a
    > listt of all Firefox bookmarks?
    >
    > Brad

    Pluging that may help.

    OPML Support - Adds import/export to the bookmark manager in OPML format
    OnlineBookmarkManager Synchronizer - Says it has an exporter. To what
    end I do not know.

    No clue if either will help you, but I'm sure they'll be useful.

    Scott Hildenbrand, Dec 18, 2006