  1. Bob Regis

    Bob Regis Guest

    If I do the above will my laptop still be bluetooth enabled?
    Bob Regis, Feb 1, 2004

  2. In article <bvithg$sp3nn$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > If I do the above will my laptop still be bluetooth enabled?

    Have you tried it? I would expect it to still work, after all, USB hubs
    are intended to increase the number of USB ports you have.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Feb 1, 2004

  3. Bob Regis

    PJB Guest

    "Bob Regis" <> wrote in message
    > If I do the above will my laptop still be bluetooth

    enabled?

    yes, but you may need to re-install the BT drivers/software,
    I find if I move most USB devices from one port to another,
    they need re-installing.

    P.
    PJB, Feb 1, 2004
  4. Bob Regis

    Bob Regis Guest

    Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > In article <bvithg$sp3nn$-berlin.de>,
    > says...
    >> If I do the above will my laptop still be bluetooth enabled?

    > Have you tried it? I would expect it to still work, after all, USB
    > hubs are intended to increase the number of USB ports you have.

    No, I haven't tried it yet. Just wanted to know if there are any known
    issues with this before I go and buy.
    Bob Regis, Feb 1, 2004
  5. In article <bvjt3h$t6ss3$-berlin.de>,
    says...

    > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > > In article <bvithg$sp3nn$-berlin.de>,
    > > says...
    > >> If I do the above will my laptop still be bluetooth enabled?

    > > Have you tried it? I would expect it to still work, after all, USB
    > > hubs are intended to increase the number of USB ports you have.

    > No, I haven't tried it yet. Just wanted to know if there are any known
    > issues with this before I go and buy.

    The only thing I could think of is that if your BT dongle is USB2 you'll
    need a USB2 hub to get the most out of it. Unless BT isn't as fast as
    USB1.1, that is.

    Hywel Jenkins, Feb 1, 2004