    Regards,
    David

    Please reply to News Group
    David, Dec 6, 2006

  2. David

    sittingduck Guest

    David wrote:

    > When recieving pictures in Newsgroups, think technical term is binaries,
    > some are OK but others just charactors all mixed up.
    > As I thought it might be my ISPs news server I opened another news server
    > and the same happens.
    > I've contacted Microsoft Help but they will not help unless I pay them!
    > They say I should contact my computer maker if I want support.
    >
    > Anyway anyone here able to help me improve my OE?

    Dump it in favor of a real newsreader.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=yenc&btnG=Google Search
    sittingduck, Dec 6, 2006

  3. David

    Mike Easter Guest

    David wrote:
    > When recieving pictures in Newsgroups, think technical term is
    > binaries, some are OK but others just charactors all mixed up.
    > As I thought it might be my ISPs news server I opened another news
    > server and the same happens.
    > I've contacted Microsoft Help but they will not help unless I pay
    > them! They say I should contact my computer maker if I want support.
    >
    > Anyway anyone here able to help me improve my OE?

    OE cannot natively decode yEncoded binaries which are popular in binary
    newsgroups.

    You have several options. You can use a newsreader which can natively
    de-yEnc, of which there are many^1. You can use the free or pay
    yProxy^2. Or you can combine the yEnc attachments with OE and decode
    the file with a de-yEnc^3.

    ^1 http://www.newsreaders.com/win/clients.html Windows Newsreaders:
    ^2 http://www.yproxy.com/ Works with any newsreader - The easiest yEnc
    decoder - Wizard for Outlook Express ^3 http://www.yenc.org/ What is
    yEnc ? - User questions, FAQ - Programs (tools) and sites which support
    yEnc

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Dec 6, 2006
  4. David

    David Guest

    "Barry OGrady" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 09:03:17 GMT, "David" <> wrote:
    >
    >>When recieving pictures in Newsgroups, think technical term is binaries,
    >>some are OK but others just charactors all mixed up.
    >>As I thought it might be my ISPs news server I opened another news server
    >>and the same happens.
    >>I've contacted Microsoft Help but they will not help unless I pay them!
    >>They say I should contact my computer maker if I want support.
    >>
    >>Anyway anyone here able to help me improve my OE?

    > Reccommend you uninstall OE and use a newsreader.

    Which do you recommend?
    But don't these have to be bought?

    --
    Regards,
    David

    Please reply to News Group
    David, Dec 6, 2006
  5. "David" <> wrote in

    > "Barry OGrady" <> wrote in message

    msnip

    >> Reccommend you uninstall OE and use a newsreader.
    >>

    > Which do you recommend?
    > But don't these have to be bought?

    There are plenty of free newsreaders around. Xnews, XanaNews, Dialog,
    Free Agent, to name a few of the most popular for Windows.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    theoldsourdough at theoldsourdough dot com
    The Old Sourdough, Dec 6, 2006
  6. David

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 09:03:17 GMT, "David" <> wrote:

    >When recieving pictures in Newsgroups, think technical term is binaries,
    >some are OK but others just charactors all mixed up.
    >As I thought it might be my ISPs news server I opened another news server
    >and the same happens.
    >I've contacted Microsoft Help but they will not help unless I pay them!
    >They say I should contact my computer maker if I want support.
    >
    >Anyway anyone here able to help me improve my OE?

    Reccommend you uninstall OE and use a newsreader.

    >--
    >Regards,
    >David
    >
    >Please reply to News Group

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    Barry OGrady, Dec 6, 2006
  7. David

    Gordon Guest

    Barry OGrady wrote:

    > Reccommend you uninstall OE and use a newsreader.

    If the OP is using Windows XP (which is highly possible from his headers)
    then he *CAN'T* uninstall OE.
    Gordon, Dec 6, 2006
  8. "David" <> wrote in news:pHvdh.884$Qa6.89@newsfe6-
    gui.ntli.net:

    > When recieving pictures in Newsgroups, think technical term is binaries,
    > some are OK but others just charactors all mixed up.
    > As I thought it might be my ISPs news server I opened another news server
    > and the same happens.
    > I've contacted Microsoft Help but they will not help unless I pay them!
    > They say I should contact my computer maker if I want support.
    >
    > Anyway anyone here able to help me improve my OE?

    Hello David.

    Go here - and it's very free:

    http://www.yenc32.com/

    Have a look at the tutorials, and perhaps drag a bookmark (the IE icon in
    the address window of your browser) from there to your desktop for easy
    reference the first few times you do the "OE binary dance" - and pictures
    is a very good place to start, I might add. A "training exercise" as it
    were, because if you're like most folks, you'll enjoy it and want to try
    more complicated things, for which you will most assuredly desire to obtain
    and learn a specialty newsreader - in your own time. And there are several
    decent ones available for free. Using the Yenc tool above will help you
    understand how to download and assemble some of the more complicated
    binaries later. But, you will see this in due time. Good luck, and most
    of all, enjoy!

    To me boxing is like a ballet,
    except there's no music,
    no choreography,
    and the dancers hit each other
    until the loser cries like a little girl,
    or does that whole go-to-sleep thing.

    Some people would do anything to get out of finishing the dance.
    Bucky Breeder, Dec 6, 2006
  9. Hiya Gordon.

    In <news:> you wrote:

    >> Reccommend you uninstall OE and use a newsreader.

    > If the OP is using Windows XP (which is highly possible from his headers)
    > then he *CAN'T* uninstall OE.

    I see you also speak total bollocks ;)

    From: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263837

    "Remove Outlook Express 6.0 from Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP
    Professional.
    a. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
    b. In Add or Remove Programs, click Add/Remove Windows Components.
    c. In the Components list, click to clear the Outlook Express check
    box, and then click Next. Outlook Express will be removed from the
    computer."

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    Bah humbug - Homepage: http://www.colinjones.co.uk ICQ# 1707811
    Ebeneezer Ponder, Dec 6, 2006
  10. David

    Gordon Guest

    Ebeneezer Ponder wrote:

    > Hiya Gordon.
    >
    > In <news:> you wrote:
    >
    >>> Reccommend you uninstall OE and use a newsreader.

    >> If the OP is using Windows XP (which is highly possible from his headers)
    >> then he *CAN'T* uninstall OE.

    > I see you also speak total bollocks ;)
    >
    > From: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263837
    >
    > "Remove Outlook Express 6.0 from Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP
    > Professional.
    > a. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
    > b. In Add or Remove Programs, click Add/Remove Windows Components.
    > c. In the Components list, click to clear the Outlook Express check
    > box, and then click Next. Outlook Express will be removed from the
    > computer."

    And you speak even MORE total CRAP. All that does, if you take the time to
    READ THE DIALOG - is to remove ACCESS to OE. It does NOT, I REPEAT NOT,
    uninstall it.
    What a FUCKING PLONKER YOU ARE.
    Gordon, Dec 6, 2006
  11. David

    Frosty Guest

    On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 09:03:17 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk a thought
    sat on "David" <>'s chest like a vulture, I said
    "Pluck It! And with the feather I'll tickle your throat and you can
    throw it up to me" Said he "I shall" & thus puked:

    >When recieving pictures in Newsgroups, think technical term is binaries,
    >some are OK but others just charactors all mixed up.
    >As I thought it might be my ISPs news server I opened another news server
    >and the same happens.
    >I've contacted Microsoft Help but they will not help unless I pay them!
    >They say I should contact my computer maker if I want support.
    >
    >Anyway anyone here able to help me improve my OE?

    I haven't read any of the replies to your post, but I can safely guess
    that they all say this:

    Outhouse Express sucks!
    Get a real newsreader.
    (While you're at it, get a real email program too!)

    --
    Exelthe ofi katiramene, dhioti an dhen exelthe essy,
    tha se exelthe ego!
    Frosty, Dec 6, 2006
  12. Hiya Gordon.

    In <news:> you wrote:

    >> From: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263837

    > And you speak even MORE total CRAP. All that does, if you take the time to
    > READ THE DIALOG - is to remove ACCESS to OE. It does NOT, I REPEAT NOT,
    > uninstall it.

    Not from what I can see. It mentions several times what problems it can
    cause but all I see on the removal side is removal of the software, not of
    access.

    > What a FUCKING PLONKER YOU ARE.

    <puts teddy back in pram> ;)

    Ebeneezer Ponder, Dec 6, 2006
  13. David

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 09:58:51 -0500, Frosty <> wrote:

    >I haven't read any of the replies to your post, but I can safely guess
    >that they all say this:
    >
    >Outhouse Express sucks!
    >Get a real newsreader.
    >(While you're at it, get a real email program too!)

    D00d, how many fingers am I holding up?
    Evan Platt, Dec 6, 2006
  14. Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 09:58:51 -0500, Frosty <> wrote:
    >
    >>I haven't read any of the replies to your post, but I can safely guess
    >>that they all say this:
    >>
    >>Outhouse Express sucks!
    >>Get a real newsreader.
    >>(While you're at it, get a real email program too!)

    > D00d, how many fingers am I holding up?

    Curses! Now it looks like my OE is fubared too, because I can't even see
    your fingers... (does the thumb count?)

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 6, 2006
  15. David

    Frosty Guest

    On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 10:39:46 -0800 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk a thought
    sat on Evan Platt <>'s chest like a
    vulture, I said "Pluck It! And with the feather I'll tickle your
    throat and you can throw it up to me" Said he "I shall" & thus puked:
    >On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 09:58:51 -0500, Frosty <> wrote:
    >
    >>I haven't read any of the replies to your post, but I can safely guess
    >>that they all say this:
    >>
    >>Outhouse Express sucks!
    >>Get a real newsreader.
    >>(While you're at it, get a real email program too!)

    >D00d, how many fingers am I holding up?

    Up what?
    Frosty, Dec 9, 2006