Can i go back to xp pro if i am not happy with x64 pro?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?R2hvc3RNanI=?=, Aug 29, 2005.

  1. I am just pondering over the question above before i take the plunge. Does
    handing in my cd key to xp pro stop me from using it? Or can i go back to it?

    =?Utf-8?B?R2hvc3RNanI=?=, Aug 29, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?R2hvc3RNanI=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If you used the TAP program, when you received your CD you took the plunge.
    No going back unless you buy Windows XP Pro again. Incidentally they just
    raised the price. Hmmm.

    John Barnes, Aug 29, 2005

  3. If you are talking about the TAP Program, which has now expired, if you did
    exchange your XP Pro x86 license through that program, you will have
    purchase a new license to install it. The was license was deactivated and
    replaced by the XP Pro x64 license when you sent in your product id.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 29, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?R2hvc3RNanI=?=

    Greg Ro Guest

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:44:58 -0700, "Andre Da Costa"
    <> wrote:

    >If you are talking about the TAP Program, which has now expired, if you did
    >exchange your XP Pro x86 license through that program, you will have
    >purchase a new license to install it. The was license was deactivated and
    >replaced by the XP Pro x64 license when you sent in your product id.

    Andre, he said before he deceides to take plunge.
    I assume he stills has xp pro installed and not 64 bit installed..

    Sorry, you can no longer turn your key in to do that. The program is
    over with.

    Greg Ro

    Greg Ro, Aug 29, 2005
  5. "GhostMjr" wrote:

    > Does handing in my cd key to xp pro stop me from using it?

    yes.

    =?Utf-8?B?enhub3M=?=, Aug 29, 2005