    including the IOS-software? Someone told me I can give the router, but I
    can't include the IOS. Is this true? The IOS was included with the router
    when we bought it.
    JS, Sep 23, 2004

  2. In article <MWA4d.538$%>, JS <> wrote:
    :Is there any cisco-regulations that says I can't give away a router
    :including the IOS-software? Someone told me I can give the router, but I
    :can't include the IOS. Is this true? The IOS was included with the router
    :when we bought it.

    IOS is non-transferable according to the license terms. However, Cisco
    has a "re-licensing" program, in which the new owner pays a fee for
    the right to use IOS. For some devices, the fees are not very much;
    for higher end devices, the fees can be thousands of dollars.
    --
    Take care in opening this message: My grasp on reality may have shaken
    loose during transmission!
    Walter Roberson, Sep 23, 2004

  3. JS

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <ciuv4e$jes$>, -
    cnrc.gc.ca says...
    > IOS is non-transferable according to the license terms. However, Cisco
    > has a "re-licensing" program, in which the new owner pays a fee for
    > the right to use IOS. For some devices, the fees are not very much;
    > for higher end devices, the fees can be thousands of dollars.

    Cisco can do whatever they want...I understand that. But to me, you
    can't run IOS on a PC. You can't run Windows on Cisco hardware. So why
    not let people transfer the software with the hardware? Highway
    robbery.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Sep 24, 2004
  4. JS

    Larry Guest

    "JS" <> wrote in message
    > Is there any cisco-regulations that says I can't give away a router
    > including the IOS-software? Someone told me I can give the router, but I
    > can't include the IOS. Is this true? The IOS was included with the router
    > when we bought it.

    You can pick them up all day long on Ebay (complete with IOS) and nobody
    ever says anything.

    Larry
    Larry, Sep 24, 2004