  1. bascom

    bascom Guest

    can i get ip adress after i chat with someone???

    bascom, Nov 18, 2003

  2. bascom

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Nov 18, 2003

  3. bascom

    Luke Guest

    Dave Watson wrote:
    > "bascom" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>can i get ip adress after i chat with someone???

    > Hi,
    >
    > If you run netstat -a in a command/dos prompt you will be able to view all
    > valid TCP and UDP connections running on your PC at that time.
    >
    > Dave.

    Dave is right

    But that will only show a connection to a hotmail server address, you
    will need to go peer 2 peer with them by sending a file to the contact
    and then drop netstat on your console.

    Luke

    Luke, Nov 18, 2003
  4. bascom

    bascom Guest

    talked to someone from hong-kong.now my black ice firewall says someone is
    attacking me from that region,sorry for late reply mail was bouncing or
    something
    °Mike° <> schreef in berichtnieuws

    bascom, Nov 18, 2003
  5. bascom

    Dave Watson Guest

    Dave Watson, Nov 18, 2003
  6. bascom

    °Mike° Guest

    It's almost certainly normal background traffic. Ignore it, and
    let your firewall do it's job. BTW, BlackIce sucks.

    On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:33:21 +0100, in
    <3fba7461$0$198$>
    bascom scrawled:

    °Mike°, Nov 18, 2003
  7. bascom

    Richard Guest

    bascom! wrote:

    > can i get ip adress after i chat with someone???

    Not directly. If you were in PM mode for a long time it's possible they got
    your IP in that time.
    You would have to be connected directly to someone to get their specific IP.
    Then what good would that do you? Other than to confirm suspicions?
    What you need is a good firewall like zone alarm, put it in stealth mode and
    say, "rots of ruck charlie".
    Ain't nobody gotten through mine yet after 4 or 5 years.

    Richard, Nov 19, 2003