    I have a simple questions, I'm looking into getting a MCSD certification, but I don't want to pay tons and tons of money for all the courses. Can I purchase the MS (or other) course books and then just take the exam?

    Or is Microsoft REQUIRING you to attend 2 classes in order to take the exam(for each section of this certification). .. I just can't afford to spend $2000 CAD for each course..I would rather just learn from the books, then take the exam for $150 CAD or so.

    Thanks!!
    =?Utf-8?B?UmF5bW9uZA==?=, Jul 19, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UmF5bW9uZA==?=

    Guest Guest

    Not all MS books will make you pass. You need a the
    little read book series, known as the Exam cram series.
    So if you taking exam 70-305, just buy [exam cram 70-305]
    also you might need books from que publications.

    I passed using these books and some transcender cds.

    Good luck
    Guest, Jul 19, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UmF5bW9uZA==?=

    Eric Guest

    Raymond wrote:

    > I have a simple questions, I'm looking into getting a MCSD
    > certification, but I don't want to pay tons and tons of money for all
    > the courses. Can I purchase the MS (or other) course books and then
    > just take the exam?

    The courses are not required, and most of us didn't take them.

    I recommend the Kalani Training Guides for C#, or the Gunderloy
    Training Guides for VB.NET.

    Eric
    Eric, Jul 20, 2004
  4. Hi Eric,

    I am planning to take the MCSD exams.
    I have Visual Studio.NET enterprise edition.

    In your opinion, do I need to purchase another PC (server) in order to pass the MCSD exams?

    =?Utf-8?B?R2xlbm4gU2hhcGlybw==?=, Jul 21, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UmF5bW9uZA==?=

    Eric Guest

    Glenn Shapiro wrote:

    > In your opinion, do I need to purchase another PC (server) in order
    > to pass the MCSD exams?

    No, this is quite different from the MCSE track.

    But even with MCSE, I would use VMware instead of separate physical
    computers. This is because I don't like to spend a lot of money, not
    because it's the best option.

    Most of us use one computer that has WinXP, IIS 5, SQL 2000, and VS
    2003. That's all you need.

    Eric
    Eric, Jul 21, 2004
  6. =?Utf-8?B?UmF5bW9uZA==?=

    Eric Guest

    I want to clarify - when I say WinXP I am referring to XP Pro. This is
    what gives you the option of installing IIS 5.

    Eric
    Eric, Jul 21, 2004