Can I finish MCSE NT 4 with curr electives and then use for MCSE 2

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZEs=?=, Nov 18, 2004.

  1. Hiya

    I have done the 4 core NT 4.0 exams and was wanting to sit 2 current
    electives (e.g. 70-222 and 70-244) to get the MCSE NT 4.0 cert.
    It says this is possible on
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/highlights/announcefaq.asp
    "Q. I passed the MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 core exams before February 28,
    2001. However, I haven’t passed my elective exams yet. May I still earn the
    MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 certification?

    A. If you passed all MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 required exams while they were
    still available, you may still continue to earn your MCSE on Windows NT 4.0
    using exams that are currently being offered."

    I rang the MS Aust office here and they didnt know about it until I told
    them the above. Is this still applicable?

    I would use the NT4.0 MCSE as the elective req for MCSE 2003. I would prefer
    the 2 elective exams above as I have had on-the-job experience with these and
    would be easier to study for. Also if I did this I suppose I would be
    eventually dual certified in MCSE NT 4 and 2003 too.

    Thanx in advance

    Cheers

    Richard
    Melbourne, Australia

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZEs=?=, Nov 18, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZEs=?=

    Dragon Guest

    Send an email to

    Dragon, Nov 18, 2004

  3. Re: Can I finish MCSE NT 4 with curr electives and then use for MC

    Hi

    Yeah, I tried that too along with ringing them - but no definitive
    conclusive response...

    I have emailed them again..

    Cheers

    Richard

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZEs=?=, Nov 18, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZEs=?=

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Re: Can I finish MCSE NT 4 with curr electives and then use for MC

    what about if you send an email to

    that might work better..

    yabba dabba doo....

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Nov 19, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZEs=?=

    Neil Guest

    Re: Can I finish MCSE NT 4 with curr electives and then use for MC

    incase you missed it "=?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZEs=?="
    <> said in news:12EC5BBF-E981-45B7-
    :

    > Yeah, I tried that too along with ringing them - but no definitive
    > conclusive response...

    it's unlikely you will get a positive answer but here is my 2¢:

    Do the 2 exams that are current for the electives. If your transcript
    suddenly shows you as an MCSE on NT 4 - your done. if after 2-3 weeks
    it's not on the transcript, you have 5 exams left to get for your MCSE.
    MS wnats the nt4 cert to disappear due to the fact teh product is 8 years
    old. Time to catch up.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Doug Adams

    Neil, Nov 20, 2004
  6. Re: Can I finish MCSE NT 4 with curr electives and then use for MC

    Hi

    I have responded again by email for the 3rd time (hopefully 3rd time lucky!)
    basically pointed out to them whats on their web pages and trying to get
    clarification on this.

    Seems like nobody knows whats going on - probably outsourced...

    Yeah I want to do the 2003 MCSE and use the MCSE NT 4 as the elective and do
    the other 5 to get 2003 cert.

    Cheers

    Richard

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZEs=?=, Nov 22, 2004