    they were written/received within the last 30 days.

    Thank you,

    jm
    JM, Apr 29, 2007

  2. JM wrote:
    > We use Firefox, and one of our business email accounts is with Hotmail. An
    > employee recently had an email exchange with a vendor using that account,
    > and I really need the details of that exchange.
    >
    > I noticed that some of the emails were maintained in the sidebar History
    > listing. However, many of the emails were not there, and I noticed (too
    > late) that after I'd reviewed an item in the History listing, it would not
    > show up the next time I opened the History.
    >
    > What are my options - if any - for retrieving these emails? By the way,
    > they were written/received within the last 30 days.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > jm

    Firefox is a web browser, not a mail client.

    If the emails were accessed via Firefox, the messages are all stored on
    the Hotmail server. Firefox can view them but not download them. Log
    into the Hotmail webmail interface, and all these emails should be there.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Apr 29, 2007

  3. JM

    JM Guest

    "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    > JM wrote:
    >> We use Firefox, and one of our business email accounts is with Hotmail.
    >> An employee recently had an email exchange with a vendor using that
    >> account, and I really need the details of that exchange.
    >>
    >> I noticed that some of the emails were maintained in the sidebar History
    >> listing. However, many of the emails were not there, and I noticed (too
    >> late) that after I'd reviewed an item in the History listing, it would
    >> not show up the next time I opened the History.
    >>
    >> What are my options - if any - for retrieving these emails? By the way,
    >> they were written/received within the last 30 days.
    >>
    >> Thank you,
    >>
    >> jm

    > Firefox is a web browser, not a mail client.

    I do understand that.

    > If the emails were accessed via Firefox, the messages are all stored on
    > the Hotmail server.

    That's correct. But when you access and read an email message on a web
    based email system, a copy of that email is cached on your computer.

    I was hoping there was a utility - short of expensive computer forensics
    software - that could extract those cached copies.

    thank you,

    jm
    JM, Apr 29, 2007
  4. On 2007-04-29, JM <> wrote:

    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Firefox is a web browser, not a mail client.

    > I do understand that.

    >> If the emails were accessed via Firefox, the messages are all stored on
    >> the Hotmail server.

    > That's correct. But when you access and read an email message on a web
    > based email system, a copy of that email is cached on your computer.

    Search your web cache for pertinent text, e.g. in *nix, cd to your cache
    directory and try "grep -i " to find files
    containing that aparticular email address.

    > I was hoping there was a utility - short of expensive computer forensics
    > software - that could extract those cached copies.

    I'm not aware of any such beast. If you were using a regular (POP3 or
    IMAP) mail client this wouldn't be an issue.

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Apr 29, 2007
  5. JM

    Miller Guest

    *JM* wrote on 29.04.07 17:18:

    > That's correct. But when you access and read an email message on a web
    > based email system, a copy of that email is cached on your computer.
    >
    > I was hoping there was a utility - short of expensive computer forensics
    > software - that could extract those cached copies.

    You could type into Firefox' Addressbar: about:cache?device=disk
    If you know the filetype of the cached emails you can search for
    them using Ctrl+F

    HTH, M.
    Miller, Apr 29, 2007