    I have Cable Modem and I want to download NGs from Freeserve account.
    Could it be possible please?

    Rajinder
    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    PJB Guest

    "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <>
    wrote in message
    news:K8UFc.172$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have Cable Modem and I want to download NGs from

    Freeserve account.
    > Could it be possible please?

    yes, I use my NTL connexion to access Claranews servers
    every day;-) Just put the relevant settings into your news
    client.

    P.
    PJB, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Chris Guest

    No.

    Freeserve do not let you post to their newsgroup server unless you have
    dialled up to them and are not witholding your phone number. This is in
    their terms and conditions.

    Chris

    Chris, Jul 4, 2004
  4. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Exiddor Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 14:05:30 GMT, Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:

    > I have Cable Modem and I want to download NGs from Freeserve account.
    > Could it be possible please?

    Most of the Freeserve newsgroups are carried on the NTL news servers, if
    that's what you want.

    --
    Exiddor.
    Exiddor, Jul 4, 2004
  5. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 15:25:46 GMT, in
    <>
    PJB scrawled:

    >"Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <>
    >wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have Cable Modem and I want to download NGs from

    >Freeserve account.
    >> Could it be possible please?

    >yes, I use my NTL connexion to access Claranews servers
    >every day;-) Just put the relevant settings into your news
    >client.
    >
    >P.

    Claranews is *not* Freeserve (now Wanadoo).

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 4, 2004
  6. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    °Mike° Guest

    No, you will need to be logged onto a Freeserve account
    to access their newsgroups.

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 14:05:30 GMT, in
    <K8UFc.172$>
    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 4, 2004
  7. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 14:05:30 GMT, Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have Cable Modem and I want to download NGs from Freeserve account.
    >Could it be possible please?

    That would be an NTL account? Normally the permissions to access an ISPs
    server are automatic (fixed broadband or username/password) to the ISPs
    own servers and not those of others.

    If you wish to access servers that are not from your ISP, you would need
    to know if Freeserve allows access with a username / password.

    There are some ISPs like Clara that offer a news only account that works
    fine from other ISPs. There are a handfull of others oftem mentioned in
    past posts in 24HSHD.

    Me
    why?, Jul 4, 2004
  8. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Bob B Guest

    No, you will need to be logged onto a Freeserve account
    > to access their newsgroups.

    Not true Mike....you can get the freeserve newsgroups.....check it out!!
    (Mind I had always logged on to freeserve previously to get to their
    newsgroups) BB

    Bob B, Jul 5, 2004
  9. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:19:26 GMT, in
    <i81Gc.1059$>
    Bob B scrawled:

    > No, you will need to be logged onto a Freeserve account
    >> to access their newsgroups.

    >Not true Mike....you can get the freeserve newsgroups.....check it out!!
    >(Mind I had always logged on to freeserve previously to get to their
    >newsgroups) BB

    Read the question again. The original poster is with NTL,
    on broadband. He will NOT be able to use news.freeserve.com
    to download a complete list of newsgroups on the Freeserve
    news server, whilst connected to NTL -- he is not talking about
    viewing the individual "freeserve.blah.blah" newsgroups, which
    *may* be accessible on some other servers, but likely not
    many. I repeat: Freeserve require you to be connected to
    a Freeserve account to access the Freeserve news server.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 5, 2004
  10. But they do not download.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Jul 5, 2004
  11. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Exiddor Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:43:43 GMT, Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:

    > But they do not download.
    >
    > Rajinder
    >
    > "Exiddor" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 14:05:30 GMT, Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have Cable Modem and I want to download NGs from Freeserve

    > account.
    >>> Could it be possible please?

    >> Most of the Freeserve newsgroups are carried on the NTL news servers,

    > if
    >> that's what you want.

    I just checked on news.cable.ntlworld.com and 15 freeserve.* newsgroups are
    available and download without problems here.

    --
    Exiddor.
    Exiddor, Jul 5, 2004
  12. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 01:35:50 +0100, °Mike° <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:19:26 GMT, in
    > <i81Gc.1059$>
    > Bob B scrawled:
    >

    >> No, you will need to be logged onto a Freeserve account
    >>> to access their newsgroups.

    >>Not true Mike....you can get the freeserve newsgroups.....check it out!!
    >>(Mind I had always logged on to freeserve previously to get to their
    >>newsgroups) BB

    >Read the question again. The original poster is with NTL,
    >on broadband. He will NOT be able to use news.freeserve.com
    >to download a complete list of newsgroups on the Freeserve
    >news server, whilst connected to NTL -- he is not talking about
    >viewing the individual "freeserve.blah.blah" newsgroups, which
    >*may* be accessible on some other servers, but likely not
    >many. I repeat: Freeserve require you to be connected to
    >a Freeserve account to access the Freeserve news server.
    >
    ><snip>

    That's the same with Verizon. They have great newsgroups and work at
    it but you have to have an account with Verizon.
    joevan
    joevan, Jul 5, 2004
  13. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Bob B Guest

    "joevan" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 01:35:50 +0100, °Mike° <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:19:26 GMT, in
    > > <i81Gc.1059$>
    > > Bob B scrawled:
    > >

    > >> No, you will need to be logged onto a Freeserve account
    > >>
    > >>Not true Mike....you can get the freeserve newsgroups.....check it out!!
    > >>(Mind I had always logged on to freeserve previously to get to their
    > >>newsgroups) BB

    > >Read the question again. The original poster is with NTL,
    > >on broadband. He will NOT be able to use news.freeserve.com
    > >to download a complete list of newsgroups on the Freeserve
    > >news server, whilst connected to NTL -- he is not talking about
    > >viewing the individual "freeserve.blah.blah" newsgroups, which
    > >*may* be accessible on some other servers, but likely not
    > >many. I repeat: Freeserve require you to be connected to
    > >a Freeserve account to access the Freeserve news server.

    I log on using NTL broadband. I also have freeserve and used to use
    news.freeserve.net. The individual news groups are the same ones I was using
    with freeserve that are also on the NTL text.news group. So whilst I agree
    you cant log onto news.freeserve.net. For the groups I use I don't need to
    use freeserve now. Bob
    Bob B, Jul 6, 2004
  14. Hi Mike,

    I downloaded the NGs from NTL but the NTL do not support them or I
    cannot download the messages on those NGs.

    Freeserve also have the same NGs but they are working. I can download
    messages from Freeserve but not from NTL account even though they are on
    the NTL List.

    So, NTL is not bothering about NGs service and this they have told me
    before.

    Rajinder Nijjhar

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Jul 6, 2004
  15. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    °Mike° Guest

    I didn't understand a word of that.

    On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 10:14:10 GMT, in
    <SXuGc.35$>
    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt scrawled:

    >Hi Mike,
    >
    >I downloaded the NGs from NTL but the NTL do not support them or I
    >cannot download the messages on those NGs.
    >
    >Freeserve also have the same NGs but they are working. I can download
    >messages from Freeserve but not from NTL account even though they are on
    >the NTL List.
    >
    >So, NTL is not bothering about NGs service and this they have told me
    >before.
    >
    >Rajinder Nijjhar

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2004
  16. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    jack Guest

    i do, unfortunate its a complaint, <sigh> well just do what i do, nuthing,
    cus there's nuthin u can do about it.

    p.s xcus my short hand riting

    jack, Jul 6, 2004