Can I do this?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by rich, Dec 5, 2007.

  1. rich

    rich Guest

    I have a notebook computer. I have a big screen HD TV that has
    Red/Yellow/white RCA inputs. It also has a S cable input port; I also have a
    TiVo Wireless ??? gadget connected to the TiVo/TV so that I can supposedly
    see my pictures etc. that are on my notebook computer on the big screen TV.
    That device is presently not working due to a move and I probably have to
    re-set it up...but I don't use it often ( obviously).

    Anyhow ...what I want to do is run a Flight Simulator program on my notebook
    Computer, but see and use the big screen HD TV for the "monitor". My
    Notebook has an S port; and a standard small "serial" port on the back.
    Highest quality picture is NOT a necessity.

    Is there a device that I can buy or make that will allow me to use the
    notebook on one side of the room and see the FMS flight Simulator program on
    the big screen TV, without dragging wires all across the middle of my living
    room? Is there a small serial to red/yellow/white RCA plug adapter, if I do
    have to drag the wires across.. Does the S cable connector come in thirty
    or more feet length..so if I had to use that one, I could at least drag it
    around the perimeter, and not across the middle of the room? thanks for any
    and all help. Rich

    rich, Dec 5, 2007

  2. rich

    Neil Green Guest

    "rich" <> wrote in message
    >I have a notebook computer. I have a big screen HD
    >TV that has Red/Yellow/white RCA inputs. It also has
    >a S cable input port; I also have a TiVo Wireless ???
    >gadget connected to the TiVo/TV so that I can
    >supposedly see my pictures etc. that are on my
    >notebook computer on the big screen TV. That device
    >is presently not working due to a move and I probably
    >have to re-set it up...but I don't use it often (
    >obviously).
    >
    > Anyhow ...what I want to do is run a Flight
    > Simulator program on my notebook Computer, but see
    > and use the big screen HD TV for the "monitor". My
    > Notebook has an S port; and a standard small
    > "serial" port on the back. Highest quality picture
    > is NOT a necessity.
    >
    > Is there a device that I can buy or make that will
    > allow me to use the notebook on one side of the room
    > and see the FMS flight Simulator program on the big
    > screen TV, without dragging wires all across the
    > middle of my living room? Is there a small serial
    > to red/yellow/white RCA plug adapter, if I do have
    > to drag the wires across.. Does the S cable
    > connector come in thirty or more feet length..so if
    > I had to use that one, I could at least drag it
    > around the perimeter, and not across the middle of
    > the room? thanks for any and all help. Rich

    For starters, if your TV only has S Video and
    Composite (red, yellow, black) inputs then it's almost
    certainly not HD.
    A 30 foot S Video cable isn't a problem, but better
    quality cables will give better results.
    The downside is that quality cables can be fairly
    expensive, but it's still your cheapest solution.

    Neil Green, Dec 6, 2007

  3. rich

    rich Guest

    Well, the side inputs are red/yellow/White ( not black) ..and it is a
    Samsung HD. No doubt there are more inputs available in the back ( that is
    where the S input is ). I was hoping for an inexpensive wireless
    solution...but..wireless and inexpensive don't go together well, do they?
    thanks, though.... Rich

    rich, Dec 6, 2007
  4. rich

    Neil Green Guest

    "rich" <> wrote in message
    > Well, the side inputs are red/yellow/White ( not
    > black) ..and it is a Samsung HD. No doubt there are
    > more inputs available in the back ( that is where
    > the S input is ). I was hoping for an inexpensive
    > wireless solution...but..wireless and inexpensive
    > don't go together well, do they? thanks, though....
    > Rich

    Not ridiculously expensive.
    http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DSM-320-Wireless-Player-802-11g/dp/B0001WXTF0
    This and a wireless network card if you don't already
    have one.

    Neil Green, Dec 7, 2007