    Would this work? Any forseen problems?

    aloha
    Brian
    Brian, Jun 14, 2005

  2. Brian

    Mike Easter Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > Short history:
    > I bought a brand new pioneer dvd burner in an external enclosure on
    > ebay from a company. External enclosure is defective causing dvd
    > burner not to function as it should. I have RMA approval and advance
    > replacement approval from whoe I bought from.

    It is possible that the replacement 'package' will contain a returning
    package.

    > Now, when they send me my replacement, can I carefully open the box
    > from the bottom (away from all labels and postage), take out my
    > replacement, put in the defective unit, seal it up on the bottom and
    > do RETURN TO SENDER to return it at no cost to me?

    You want to defraud the post office for the cost of mailing a dvd
    burner?

    You have to be crazy! The US Postal Inspection Service is a seriously
    serious law enforcement entity that deals with some heavy crimes. Go to
    the website and look at the big star and see if that impresses you.
    http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/ U.S. Postal Inspection Service -
    More Than 200 Years of Law Enforcement Tradition

    You would be better off firebombing your local police station if you
    want to flaunt the law.

    <That's a joke -- since I'm not so sure of the thinking processes over
    on that end.>

    > Would this work? Any forseen problems?

    I recommend against it. Be optimistic the RMA will come with
    'arrangements' for the return.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 14, 2005

  3. Brian

    Maybe Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > Short history:
    > I bought a brand new pioneer dvd burner in an external enclosure on ebay
    > from a company. External enclosure is defective causing dvd burner not to
    > function as it should. I have RMA approval and advance replacement
    > approval from whoe I bought from.
    >
    > Now, when they send me my replacement, can I carefully open the box from
    > the bottom (away from all labels and postage), take out my replacement,
    > put in the defective unit, seal it up on the bottom and do RETURN TO
    > SENDER to return it at no cost to me?
    >
    > Would this work? Any forseen problems?
    >
    > aloha
    > Brian

    Good God! --- you gotta be kidding! Do you believe that the USPS is a
    volunteer service?
    Maybe, Jun 14, 2005
  4. Brian

    Brian Guest

    No, and I know they earn their money, but I am a poor college student (poor
    now that I bought the burner!). I am asking simply because once in my ebay
    history, i had to return something and the seller had me do just what I am
    asking, take out one thing, put in another and RTS.

    Brian, Jun 14, 2005
  5. Brian

    Maybe Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > No, and I know they earn their money, but I am a poor college student
    > (poor now that I bought the burner!). I am asking simply because once in
    > my ebay history, i had to return something and the seller had me do just
    > what I am asking, take out one thing, put in another and RTS.

    Your college better stay clear of the "Honor System"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Maybe, Jun 14, 2005
  6. Brian

    WormWood Guest

    Your scam stops at the desk when trying to mail the box. Postage has
    cancellation marks placed at the origin of shipping and of course won't
    be accepted for post. Find a new way to make a buck.

    WormWood, Jun 14, 2005
  7. Brian

    Barman Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > Short history:
    > I bought a brand new pioneer dvd burner in an external enclosure on ebay
    > from a company. External enclosure is defective causing dvd burner not to
    > function as it should. I have RMA approval and advance replacement
    > approval from whoe I bought from.
    >
    > Now, when they send me my replacement, can I carefully open the box from
    > the bottom (away from all labels and postage), take out my replacement,
    > put in the defective unit, seal it up on the bottom and do RETURN TO
    > SENDER to return it at no cost to me?
    >
    > Would this work? Any forseen problems?
    >
    > aloha
    > Brian

    Yep, it will work!
    Do as exactly as you have detailed,
    and in the unlikely event that you may
    encounter any problems in your scam -
    Hire Michael Jacksons legal team, they
    have a proven track record in clearing
    dubious entities such as yourself.
    If that fails, then you can sue me for this
    piece of silly advice, in fact you will probably
    be able to sue yourself too, for being a fool!
    Wishing you evey success.
    Barman, Jun 14, 2005
  8. Mike Easter wrote:
    > Brian wrote:
    >
    >>Short history:
    >>I bought a brand new pioneer dvd burner in an external enclosure on
    >>ebay from a company. External enclosure is defective causing dvd
    >>burner not to function as it should. I have RMA approval and advance
    >>replacement approval from whoe I bought from.

    > It is possible that the replacement 'package' will contain a returning
    > package.
    >

    >>Now, when they send me my replacement, can I carefully open the box
    >>from the bottom (away from all labels and postage), take out my
    >>replacement, put in the defective unit, seal it up on the bottom and
    >>do RETURN TO SENDER to return it at no cost to me?

    > You want to defraud the post office for the cost of mailing a dvd
    > burner?
    >
    > You have to be crazy! The US Postal Inspection Service is a seriously
    > serious law enforcement entity that deals with some heavy crimes. Go to
    > the website and look at the big star and see if that impresses you.
    > http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/ U.S. Postal Inspection Service -
    > More Than 200 Years of Law Enforcement Tradition

    Like most law enforcement, they flaunt their power intermittently. If
    you're small potatoes, they don't give a shit. They don't give a shit
    that they don't give a shit. They'd have a lot more fun if you were
    impressed that they wear long coats and have Glocks than if you were
    impressed with the way they solved a crime.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 14, 2005
  9. Brian

    Troy Piggins Guest

    * Brian wrote:
    > No, and I know they earn their money, but I am a poor college student
    > (poor now that I bought the burner!). I am asking simply because once
    > in my ebay history, i had to return something and the seller had me do
    > just what I am asking, take out one thing, put in another and RTS.

    If you are a poor college student, I bet you are going to use your
    burner to pirate music CDs and rip off the music industry too. Where
    will your illegal activities end?

    --
    T R O Y P I G G I N S
    e :
    Troy Piggins, Jun 14, 2005
  10. Brian

    philo Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > No, and I know they earn their money, but I am a poor college student (poor
    > now that I bought the burner!). I am asking simply because once in my ebay
    > history, i had to return something and the seller had me do just what I am
    > asking, take out one thing, put in another and RTS.

    just send it back to them via regular mail...
    it will be very cheap. (maybe $5 )

    certainly a lot less than the fine you'll get for committing
    a federal crime
    philo, Jun 14, 2005
  11. Brian

    dadiOH Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > Short history:
    > I bought a brand new pioneer dvd burner in an external enclosure on
    > ebay from a company. External enclosure is defective causing dvd
    > burner not to function as it should. I have RMA approval and advance
    > replacement approval from whoe I bought from.
    >
    > Now, when they send me my replacement, can I carefully open the box
    > from the bottom (away from all labels and postage), take out my
    > replacement, put in the defective unit, seal it up on the bottom and
    > do RETURN TO SENDER to return it at no cost to me?
    >
    > Would this work? Any forseen problems?

    The seller should be paying return postage for the defective one. If
    they aren't, do nothing...you have your new one. Write the seller and
    tell him to arrange a UPS pickup of the defective one if he wants it
    back.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Jun 14, 2005
  12. WormWood gurgled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Your scam stops at the desk when trying to mail the box. Postage
    > has cancellation marks placed at the origin of shipping and of
    > course won't be accepted for post. Find a new way to make a buck.

    snip

    If the item is identified to the PO as "unordered merchandise", it will
    be accepted for return, *if* it has not been opened.

    --

    The Old Sourdough
    In the future, everyone will speak one language,
    The Old Sourdough, Jun 14, 2005
  13. Troy Piggins wrote:
    > * Brian wrote:
    >> No, and I know they earn their money, but I am a poor college student
    >> (poor now that I bought the burner!). I am asking simply because once
    >> in my ebay history, i had to return something and the seller had me do
    >> just what I am asking, take out one thing, put in another and RTS.

    > If you are a poor college student, I bet you are going to use your
    > burner to pirate music CDs and rip off the music industry too. Where
    > will your illegal activities end?

    Alcatraz, by God! ;)

    Yeah, I know it's closed. But having seen it on a SF Bay boat cruise,
    up close (without landing), and seeing how spooky it looks, I just
    wanted to mention it. And I *do* mean spooky. Yow.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 15, 2005
  14. Brian

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Troy Piggins wrote:
    >> * Brian wrote:
    >>> No, and I know they earn their money, but I am a poor college student
    >>> (poor now that I bought the burner!). I am asking simply because once
    >>> in my ebay history, i had to return something and the seller had me do
    >>> just what I am asking, take out one thing, put in another and RTS.

    >> If you are a poor college student, I bet you are going to use your
    >> burner to pirate music CDs and rip off the music industry too. Where
    >> will your illegal activities end?

    > Alcatraz, by God! ;)
    >
    > Yeah, I know it's closed. But having seen it on a SF Bay boat cruise,
    > up close (without landing), and seeing how spooky it looks, I just
    > wanted to mention it. And I *do* mean spooky. Yow.

    Hey, sharky, whatcha doin' on a stinkin' BOAT? Or were you CHASING it???

    BTW, I blew past Alcatraz island myself last summer on a ferry to Sausalito.
    Great trip!
    Toolman Tim, Jun 15, 2005
  15. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Troy Piggins wrote:

    >>> If you are a poor college student, I bet you are going to use your
    >>> burner to pirate music CDs and rip off the music industry too. Where
    >>> will your illegal activities end?

    >> Alcatraz, by God! ;)

    >> Yeah, I know it's closed. But having seen it on a SF Bay boat cruise,
    >> up close (without landing), and seeing how spooky it looks, I just
    >> wanted to mention it. And I *do* mean spooky. Yow.

    > Hey, sharky, whatcha doin' on a stinkin' BOAT? Or were you CHASING it???

    I was pulling it. Summer job when I was in......school. :)

    > BTW, I blew past Alcatraz island myself last summer on a ferry to Sausalito.
    > Great trip!

    I'd have liked to go onto the island, but since I popped into SF on an
    impulse I couldn't -- the island trip was booked full and all I could
    do was the Bay cruise that only circled it as one of its points of
    interest.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 15, 2005
  16. Brian

    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Alcatraz, by God! ;)

    >>> Yeah, I know it's closed. But having seen it on a SF Bay boat cruise,
    >>> up close (without landing), and seeing how spooky it looks, I just
    >>> wanted to mention it. And I *do* mean spooky. Yow.

    >> Hey, sharky, whatcha doin' on a stinkin' BOAT? Or were you CHASING it???

    > I was pulling it. Summer job when I was in......school. :)

    Good - good - keep up the puns...you could try your hand in alt.humor.puns
    <g>
    Toolman Tim, Jun 15, 2005
  17. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Toolman Tim wrote:

    >>> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hey, sharky, whatcha doin' on a stinkin' BOAT? Or were you CHASING it???

    >> I was pulling it. Summer job when I was in......school. :)

    > Good - good - keep up the puns...you could try your hand in alt.humor.puns
    ><g>

    Tim...sharks don't have hands.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 15, 2005
  18. Brian

    Scrote Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Good - good - keep up the puns...you could try your hand in
    >>> alt.humor.puns <g>

    >> Tim...sharks don't have hands.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    >> Killing all Usenet posts from Google Groups
    >> Info: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
    >> *ALSO contains links for access to the NON-BETA GG archive interface*

    Damn, all those shelves of language books and you missed the "Figures of
    speech" chapter. :)
    --
    Or was that metaphor? Wasn't a simile ...see right ;-)
    Scrote, Jun 15, 2005
  19. Brian

    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> I was pulling it. Summer job when I was in......school. :)

    >> Good - good - keep up the puns...you could try your hand in
    >> alt.humor.puns
    >><g>

    > Tim...sharks don't have hands.

    umm...err...uhhh...ya got me there ;o)