    I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program

    How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow?

    Thanks
    Michelle, Jan 27, 2010

  2. Michelle

    Michelle Guest

    I have a malocious file called
    sdra64.exe

    it's in my appdata\roaming folder

    Michelle, Jan 27, 2010

  3. Michelle

    John Barnes Guest

    Don't know what system you are running, but you should be able to delete the
    file (or better, rename it) using your install disk if you have one. The
    procedure is different depending on the system.

    John Barnes, Jan 28, 2010
  4. Michelle

    Tom Ponta Guest

    Download and install Unlocker here:
    http://download.cnet.com/Unlocker/3000-2248_4-10493998.html

    Then R-Click the file and have Unlocker kill the associated process and
    delete the file for you.

    Buddha

    Tom Ponta, Jan 28, 2010
  5. Hello Michelle,

    Restart the computer into Safe Mode to then eradicate the pest

    Safe mode prevents some, but by no means all--spyware services from running.
    It is an excellent way to get started if something is resistant to cleaning
    in normal mode, but it may not be all that is needed.

    In Safe mode try to remove it with CCleaner

    <http://www.ccleaner.com>
    Note, uncheck Yahoos Toolbar

    Download the basic version via
    <http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds.aspx>
    The basic version does not contain the disgusted Toolbar

    Good luck

    Ǝиçεl
    -=-

    Ǝиçεl, Jan 28, 2010
  6. If it's in appdata, then it's only in your user profile. You can reboot into
    safe mode, which will not activate your profile, and you should be able to
    delete it from there. Or, if you have your machine configured for multiple
    profiles(users), you can log out of your account and log in as another user.
    But safe mode should be sufficient. If it isn't, then booting to recovery
    mode, open a command prompt, and navigate to appdata\roaming and delete it
    that way.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 28, 2010
  7. See http://www.pctechrx.com/DisplayAllInfo.asp?bId=26

    Dominic Payer, Jan 28, 2010
  8. Michelle

    DreamBrother Guest

    Create a file in notepad and save it with exactly the same filename and
    extension(not as .txt), and in the same location as the file you wish to
    remove, Windows will alert you that a file named as such "already
    exists, do you want to replace it?", answer yes, and the troublesome
    file is sent to the recycle bin.
    --
    Mr Wig says Alfonse has to go outside now.
    DreamBrother, Jan 28, 2010