    Any help will be most appreciated
    Thanks
    Nadine

    nadine, Jul 31, 2004

  2. nadine

    Betty Lou Guest

    A .wav file is an audio file, not a movie clip.

    Betty Lou, Jul 31, 2004

  3. nadine

    Trev Guest

    I think you mean .wma windows media audio. Note .Wav is not a movie clip but
    a Uncompresed audio file

    Trev, Jul 31, 2004
  4. nadine

    °Mike° Guest

    A .wav file can be uncompressed or compressed.

    On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 21:03:36 +0100, in
    <>
    Trev scrawled:

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 31, 2004
  5. nadine

    ProfGene Guest

    Some video files will not play because you don't have the right codec or it
    is the wrong format. You might try Quicktime for Windows which is on the
    Macintosh site and is free. It sometimes will play videos that the Windows
    media player will not play.

    ProfGene, Aug 1, 2004
  6. ProfGene wrote:
    > Some video files will not play because you don't have the right codec
    > or it is the wrong format. You might try Quicktime for Windows which
    > is on the Macintosh site and is free. It sometimes will play videos
    > that the Windows media player will not play.

    Not without the right codec, it won't snot for brains.

    Pridash the devilish, Aug 1, 2004
  7. nadine

    Dr. Bill Guest

    nadine wrote:
    > Hello
    > Can I change a Windows Media .wav file to a wmf

    ..wav (audio) can be converted easy to MP3 or .wma, dozens of programs to do
    that, Google for them, I use/ prefer an old version of MusicMatch Jukebox.

    > I was trying to download a movie clip.......and its
    > saying that the file cannot be supported. The clip definetly said
    > that it could be open in Windows Media...I opened
    > six files okay.......having trouble with this one
    > I have Windows Xp with Windows Media Player 7

    Download Mediaplayer 9.0, it has all the latest codecs or / and install Nimo
    Codecpack, read how to do that and if you are a newbee on the subject, don't
    install. Don't install Quicktime it's SHIT/ CRAP-ware.
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nimo_pack.html

    > which is the original one that came with Windows xp
    > four years ago...........will absolutely not install Media Player 9

    Your an idiot not to install MP 9, if you do not, don't come whining here
    again

    > Any help will be most appreciated
    > Thanks

    Your welcome!

    Dr. Bill, Aug 1, 2004
  8. On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 03:03:49 -0500, "ProfGene" <> wrote:

    >Some video files will not play because you don't have the right codec or it
    >is the wrong format. You might try Quicktime for Windows which is on the
    >Macintosh site and is free. It sometimes will play videos that the Windows
    >media player will not play.
    >"nadine" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello
    >> Can I change a Windows Media .wav file to a wmf
    >> I was trying to download a movie clip.......and its
    >> saying that the file cannot be supported. The clip definetly said that it
    >> could be open in Windows Media...I opened
    >> six files okay.......having trouble with this one
    >> I have Windows Xp with Windows Media Player 7
    >> which is the original one that came with Windows xp
    >> four years ago...........will absolutely not install Media Player 9
    >> Any help will be most appreciated
    >> Thanks
    >> Nadine

    Don't know if this was mentioned or not but you can comvert WMA files
    or whatever to anything you want with the freeware dBPowerAmp at
    www.dbpoweramp.com. Just choose among the many, many codexs available
    (also free) and do whatever conversions you want.

    Monoxide Child, Aug 2, 2004